• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As if we needed further proof... the video "leak" is a hoax.

EPX2

Smash Ace
From GameFAQs:

ooblagis said:
Thanks to the new video, we know there is a new announcer, not the one used in the video which is conveniently the melee announcer.

35 character roster = false
---
If were all God's children, then what makes Jesus so ****ed special?
While the 35 character roster isn't necessarily disproven, the video definitely is. Just sharing this with anybody who still believes the video is legit.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
oh snap, didnt think of that when watching the wifi matches last night, good call!

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
wait wait, after listening to the annoucer voice in the short cell phone vid, it could conceivably be the same as the one we hear in the new wifi match vids. I can;t quite tell. I would need to hear a confirmed official vid where the voice is saying "versus (someone)", preferably link, lol

a77

Smash Cadet
The sound quality is far too ****ty to tell if it's the same announcer from SSBM or not.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I had a feeling this would spread here eventually. Calling the video a fake is really a premature call. Especially when you consider how realistic the video is. Not to mention the voices really don't sound different, at least in my opinion.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Argh. People are still arguing about the vid? I reckon it's fake. :-/

After character select: It says "VS - LINK!" In the same voice from Melee. There's plenty of other evidence against the vid. We'll see in a week (although it might look similar) but the vid is fake.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
but when Pit is choosen, Pit says something instead of the announcer . . . so yeah . . . isn;t that NOT how it works based on Nintendo media event footage and E 4 All footage?

then again we didn't see a character being selected for 1P Classic, which I assume this is for (given the difficulty setting option and stock option on the screen). Maybe the character says something when starting this mode rather than the announcer. If it is fake, someone went to A HUGE AMOUNT of trouble to create it

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
How is that fake *** roster with ROB NOT disproven? It has ****ing Marth from a melee screeenshot. How ******** are you people?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Uh... Can someone tell me why anybody cares if the video is real or not? The only thing that it would change is the starting roster, and that doesn't matter at ALL.

How is that fake *** roster with ROB NOT disproven? It has ****ing Marth from a melee screeenshot. How ******** are you people?
This isn't about that roster. And by the way, as many people have stated, the picture of the roster was a mock-up, nobody has ever claimed that was a real screenshot.

Zek

Smash Ace
It's impossible to tell from the video quality whether or not it's the new announcer. And do you honestly believe that someone would put together such a ridiculously perfect fake and then forget to use the new Brawl announcer?

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
well it does A LITTLE more than confirm/deconfirm the starting roster. If it is real it gives more clout(sp?) to the 35 man mock-up givin the positiong of the characters in the vid to the mock-up

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
This isn't about that roster. And by the way, as many people have stated, the picture of the roster was a mock-up, nobody has ever claimed that was a real screenshot.
Then WHY are people talking about an obvious fake still? I've seen it mentioned on the forum so much.

The video COULD be real, but as Panda said, it doesn't matter. If it is real, I find it odd that CF isn't a starter.

Arshen

Smash Cadet
I took a few seconds (then relistened after typing listened to it for another good minute plus) to listen to both announcers one after the other with my expensive Computer sound system...even with the crap quality.
There's a difference (ignoring the quality). It isn't like a "ZOMG! NO WAI!!!!" difference, but you can hear it...Go play em back to back with your sound all the way up..its different.

Top Bottom