• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Artsy Omni "Smashifies" Shovel Knight

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Thanks so much for the kind words! Especially in light of the fact that I'm a massively inconsiderate jerk. =P
Did yatch games say anything about this yet? I would love to see what they say, you should send em the image for fan art
On a side note, does any one know what happened to the Ubisoft announcement? Did that just cancel cause omni posted that it was fake?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
You've probably heard of Rivals of Aether before, right. I remember reading Dan Fornace say that he's like to have some indie guest characters in his game, and said that "We have some indie friends who are interested" or something along those lines. So yea, it's an indie game inspired by Smash, that may get some other indie characters to appear in it. We'll see!
Yeah, I've heard of Rivals of Aether. But it honestly doesn't interest me to the same degree as a full on crossover. Especially since I'm not all that intrigued by the style of the game.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Maybe the fact that I put together an elaborate hoax as an extremely self-centered way to promote myself and my work, effectively destroying thousands of people's hopes in the process? =P
The way I see it, and the way you see it, is that you hoaxed millions of people to promote your work. To me, that's unethical. That's lying.

However, you did have the courage to admit to the lie publically. And to admit that it was "extremely self-centered" takes humility.

I admire your artistic skill. I don't admire the lie, but I forgive you for lying to me. I appreciate that you are letting your skill stand on its own, now. And really, if I had known you personally, being pranked like this wouldn't have seemed so bad. There's more leeway in how you act around people you know. I remember, growing up, PurpleKecleon used to make fake Pokémon once in a while, just to mess with people. She was able to convincingly mimic Ken Sugimori's art style - they were good fakes, like yours. Though I was annoyed that she'd make fake leaks, it didn't bother me much because I knew her as a casual friend back then. I imagine if I had known you, your prank would have seemed like no big deal a lot sooner. So, I guess my point is, context matters.

Your prank went viral and exploded all over the internet, which made things both better and worse for you... but you can't control that.

Well, anyway, you do great artwork. Your attention to detail is commendable.

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Stop doing characters I actually want in Smash so I can stop hating you!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
The way I see it, and the way you see it, is that you hoaxed millions of people to promote your work. To me, that's unethical. That's lying.

However, you did have the courage to admit to the lie publically. And to admit that it was "extremely self-centered" takes humility.

I admire your artistic skill. I don't admire the lie, but I forgive you for lying to me. I appreciate that you are letting your skill stand on its own, now. And really, if I had known you personally, being pranked like this wouldn't have seemed so bad. There's more leeway in how you act around people you know. I remember, growing up, PurpleKecleon used to make fake Pokémon once in a while, just to mess with people. She was able to convincingly mimic Ken Sugimori's art style - they were good fakes, like yours. Though I was annoyed that she'd make fake leaks, it didn't bother me much because I knew her as a casual friend back then. I imagine if I had known you, your prank would have seemed like no big deal a lot sooner. So, I guess my point is, context matters.

Your prank went viral and exploded all over the internet, which made things both better and worse for you... but you can't control that.

Well, anyway, you do great artwork. Your attention to detail is commendable.
That's very true, and this whole thing has been a tremendous learning experience for me. I had become accustomed to anonymity for so long that I fell under the mistaken impression that my actions on the internet have no consequences, and I grew numb to the fact that people on the internet aren't just numbers. But seeing my actions actually affect people in a negative way showed me that not only can I make a negative difference, but that I have the capacity to make a positive difference as well if I put enough effort into it. So now that I've been afforded the privilege of having a platform where people see what I do, I want to use that to help people if I can, whether that's making their day a little brighter with art or helping people along the very difficult path of self-improvement as an artist.

So while the Rayman leak was a mistake, it's been one of the best mistakes I've ever made, since it's given me the motivation to try to be a better person to all of the people I come across, and it made me realize just how egotistical I've been in my pursuit to be a better artist.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Maybe the fact that I put together an elaborate hoax as an extremely self-centered way to promote myself and my work, effectively destroying thousands of people's hopes in the process? =P
As a dude who likes to do some subtle trolling and watch chaos ensue among Smash fans, Capcom fans, Sonic fans and Zelda fans, you earned my respect.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
That's very true, and this whole thing has been a tremendous learning experience for me. I had become accustomed to anonymity for so long that I fell under the mistaken impression that my actions on the internet have no consequences, and I grew numb to the fact that people on the internet aren't just numbers. But seeing my actions actually affect people in a negative way showed me that not only can I make a negative difference, but that I have the capacity to make a positive difference as well if I put enough effort into it. So now that I've been afforded the privilege of having a platform where people see what I do, I want to use that to help people if I can, whether that's making their day a little brighter with art or helping people along the very difficult path of self-improvement as an artist.

So while the Rayman leak was a mistake, it's been one of the best mistakes I've ever made, since it's given me the motivation to try to be a better person to all of the people I come across, and it made me realize just how egotistical I've been in my pursuit to be a better artist.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate this reply. This shows a lot of maturity. No hard feelings, man.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Awesome, but to be honest I was hoping for another leak-styled video with him going and hovering over to Shovel Knight on the SSB4 CSS.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Someone has an inferiority complex.
That is also true. =P

Awesome, but to be honest I was hoping for another leak-styled video with him going and hovering over to Shovel Knight on the SSB4 CSS.
I think doing that would be a bit of a waste, just because it does take a good deal of time to fake, and that's time that could be spent starting another character. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
Awesome Job. This Feels me i want Shovel Knight in Smash. because i Just Don't Like Him.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
It'd be really cool to see some of the big name DLC requests Smashified; characters like King K. Rool or Isaac, #smashified, would be awesome and a nice treat to their supporters.

Though I'll enjoy whatever he does. Would love to see him do Sylux though...please? (:
WHERE IS THE COOKING MAMA ONE THO?

Top Bottom