• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrows going through you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
well I'm sorry if this is known or not if it is well can some mod just close this please?

Practicality: none just a tidbit of information i found out with no use really

Well i was in training mode and i was playing against Mario i went up really close to him so his face was like touching me practically and shot an arrow surprisingly the arrow went right through him! I was like, "What in the world!" so i did some testing and found out that you can shoot and arrow like that through some of characters (I'll name them below). but the interesting thing was that you could not do it if they were turned around but still that close they had to be facing you like....

Yet there were still some who you could do both ways I'll put a * by them
And some who it only worked from the back I'll put ** next to them

List of characters
* both
** only back

Can

Mario
Luigi
Peach*
Diddy
Toon link
Zelda*
Sheik**
Samus**
Zero suit Samus*
Pit**
Olimar
Falco
Lucario**
Squirtle
Ivysaur**
Pikachu*

Can't
Bowser
DK
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Wario
Link
Ice climers (that includes solo Popo)
Rob
Kirby
Meta Knight
Fox
Wolf
Dedede
Wario
Link
Capatin Falcon
JigglyPuff
Charizard
Marth
Ike
Ness
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Snake
Sonic

As you can see it only works on a limited of characters. But i also found out that this will only work if you are within a certain area

You want to be to the right of the red line

Well there you go my discovery that's probably already found!

Thanks again from taking the time to read this good day!

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
... Well Lucario could just crawl under the arrows rather than walking right up to them. It'd be more practical in a battle situation. lol this is good to know though even if there isn't really any use for it.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
This should bring pits metagame to the next level. Thx dude, very useful information, great list. I'll go practice this now.

Riku00

Smash Ace
This could be useful in a team battle for projectile spamming wit your teammate.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
haha wow thanks guys

yeah some of the people it depends like on how they are moving in the standing position really

like if your lucky you can do that with wolf when he goes down in his standing animation same with kirby its very werid but yeah there ya go

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Yeh it actually happened to me today. I arrow looped vs a Wolf, and for some reason the wolf was very close to me, touching pit actually, and yes the arrow went through. thought it was a lucky strike (for the wolf of course).

My theory is that since pit is immune to his own arrows (unless reflected), if an opponent is very close to the pit, the system will mistakenly give him that immunity as well.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
um i dont think that because of the fact that they do it bassed off hit boxes and if you see like......

the point of the arrow that hits is the tip really and he fires it away from his body so it never touches hium but if somone is close enough so that point isnt touching them when fired then technecaly it cant hit you

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
um i dont think that because of the fact that they do it bassed off hit boxes and if you see like......

the point of the arrow that hits is the tip really and he fires it away from his body so it never touches hium but if somone is close enough so that point isnt touching them when fired then technecaly it cant hit you
Yes i know, but when i sad his "immune" like when you loop and purposely make it go THROUGH YOUYRSELF, it doesn't affect Pit. (Though looping all the way through pit's back is actually a harder loop and waste of time, unless the enemy IS behind Pit).
Catch my meaning?

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
ohhhhhh i see what you ment my bad!

but yeah i dont think that would be practical maybe for fun but prettymuch a wast of metagame seeing how you probably wouldnt even pay attention to it cuz you could rush and smash before the arrow could even come and hit you

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
ohhhhhh i see what you ment my bad!

but yeah i dont think that would be practical maybe for fun but prettymuch a wast of metagame seeing how you probably wouldnt even like pay attention to it cuz you could rush and smash before the arrow could even come and hit your
" a**" Indeed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom