• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

arrow shot (somewhat useful)

Leggo

Smash Cadet
i noticed that you can create a hump in your arrow shots and still hit a guy straight ahead. just hit up on the release of the arrow then down really quickly.. took me awhile to get the timing but i noticed this would useful for playing someone like fox or any reflector, so you can get straight shots in without having to jump and angle, and not worry about him reflecting it back at you, it will just go upwards. just figure i'd share incase it comes in handy for anyone :p

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Yea you can do all kinds of funky things with the arrows like make em go in circles and stuff. Someone did a guide for arrow swarming and he had like 2 or 3 on the screen going around at once.

Leggo

Smash Cadet
yeah i know about all the arrow tricks. but i've never seen this done in a game. its a neat trick

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
My best friend (and person I play most in Brawl) mains Mario/Fox/Meta Knight and Kirby. Mario and Fox obviously have reflectors. My other best friend (my boss) mains Wolf, and has a reflector. So needless to say I rarely shoot an arrow straight, but rather do what you said (TC) or curve it down then up (depending on the stage). Because of this I never get an arrow reflected at me and get hit.

This may seem like a push-aside tactic but seriously guys, MASTER this. When the arrow goes up then down, it will be reflected upwards and vice-versa. Also, keep in mind that when your arrows are sent back at you, they usually deal either 1.5 or 2X the damage they normally do. That 7% might not seem like much but if that's the difference between that last usmash killing you and making you lose the match or not, it's worth using this technique.

IMO this topic is common knowledge, however gj posting this because nobody should ignore this.

Leggo

Smash Cadet
yeah i agree, common knowledge for sure, but i just never seen it shot like this before.. from a standing position like this. but maybe i'm just not watching the right videos then haha, anyways seemed kinda new too me haha, thanks for the feedback

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea i agree also. Then people think you missed when you actually hit. You can also spin your controller in circles and the arrows goes up and down many times very fast. It is pretty cool.

Top Bottom