• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Looping

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
So, how do you actually do it? I saw someone do this in a video yesterday, and was trying to figure out how to make the arrow loop. I wasn't able to figure it out. I've looked around on Smash Boards but haven't found an actual explanation of how to Loop Arrows. If anyone could give a few pointers that would be great. :)

kown

Smash Lord
i pretend that i can still c the arrow after it goes off the screen and bring it back in a circle. essentially all your doing is making a circle with your left joystick

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
If you go to new pork city in training mode, and make the computer stand on the opposite side of the stage from you, you'll be able to see the the arrow make the entire loop. Being able to visualize it will help with the timing.

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Or, what I did was just build your own custom stage. Largest size possible with a bigass platform at the bottom. Special Brawl + Fixed camera + Custom Stage = Great training environment for visualizing and getting the timing down.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Or, what I did was just build your own custom stage. Largest size possible with a bigass platform at the bottom. Special Brawl + Fixed camera + Custom Stage = Great training environment for visualizing and getting the timing down.
QFT. I've tried it out myself. You can also perform it easily at Eldin Bridge. The problem was that after I had done this, I tried it on Final Destination, but it didn't work too well.

Worldkaos

Smash Cadet
Yeah it's entirely different being able to do it while seeing the arrow. On smaller stages during actual battles, I still can't do it 60% of the time because it's so much harder. UndrDog is insane with them though, it's like he knows exactly where it is at all times, but I'm also assuming he's practiced the technique far more than anyone else (from the videos I've seen anyway.)

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's entirely different being able to do it while seeing the arrow. On smaller stages during actual battles, I still can't do it 60% of the time because it's so much harder. UndrDog is insane with them though, it's like he knows exactly where it is at all times, but I'm also assuming he's practiced the technique far more than anyone else (from the videos I've seen anyway.)
i agree undrdog is insane with arrow looping

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a bunch. :)

I've been trying to learn Pit some, and that just looked really fun to do. Plus, I can't wait to see the look on my friends' faces when I start looping arrows. ;)

Ryu-u

Smash Cadet
Mhh this Topic again?

Well, I think that there aren't a guide to do this.
Many people asked me how to do this, but I cant explain it very well.

Ive uploaded this vid a few weeks ago and it shows what u can do with this tec.
And I also plan to upload another video which shows this loops on FD in a 1on1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8-FGf24cfc

edg0020

Smash Rookie
its easy to make it rain the hard part is to get a hit with it. I tried raining while the opponent is recovering and i was only able to succeed once. lol

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I was playing some team matches and once one of the opponents were gone I would arrow rain/loop arrow as my teammate is in there fighting (because if we are both in there it doesn't work so well) I think arrow looping/arrow rain is very useful in teams ether for renewing said team mates jumps, stopping the enemy from getting the kill or just pestering as the 2 of them fight it out.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You can also fire Pit's arrows upward and angle them to come right back down. I done this when I was battling against a friend of mine on Corneria. After seeing SageMoon, though, I think I'll need to train with Pit a lot. (Pit isn't my main. Samus is. But Pit is one of my favorites, since Kid Icarus and Metroid are so alike.)

Top Bottom