• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow looping and arrow rains, any tips?

link2702

Smash Champion
Ok, now I can do the looping pretty well, and it definatly confuses alot of the people I play because Odly enough, none of em have seen a pit player do this before, I need a bit of work with the arrow rains, but its helped me out occasionally(last night was a good example, I was in a team match, and my partner was about to get warlock punched by ganondorf, I got all 4 arrows I shot into the air to hit him, and my partner was able to KO him after that because he couldn't dodge the arrows) but it still needs some work. Anyone got any tips for the arrow rain?

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
1) Go into training mode and select Hyrule Temple. Get the CPU to one side of the screen and you on the other (whichever side is easier for you really). Start off by practicing the arrow rain here. New Pork City is another good choice for this due to the ridiculously massive size.
2) Once you've "mastered" this, go into a medium sized stage like Norfair for example.
3) Once you're able to get it down-pat there, go to smaller stages like Final Destination and Battlefield. If you're able to do this on the smallest of stages, you can pull it off anywhere.

To be totally honest though, if your opponent stands still long enought to get nailed by an Arrow Rain, (s)he's an idiot (unless it's a huge stage). I personally only arrow loop to throw people off, but usually tend to just shoot arrows like normal.

Perfecting arrow looping increases your skills in arrow raining ten-fold though, because once you can (perfectly) control the arrows how you want to, the other 3 arrows will follow the trajectory and connect.

Top Bottom