• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Cancelling Confirmed!!!

RazeveX

Smash Ace
Just like flame cancelling for Bowser in melee 1.0, shooting arrows just before you touch the ground makes it come out instantly when you hit the ground. VERY useful.

works for toon link, but slightly not as well.

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lQFK0EE2RC4

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148456

yep its been talked about. i don't know about this one though. The only 2 situtations that it would be used in, is if your falling down..... or if your on a higher platform and your opponent is grounded (diagonally down)

if your already grounded, why do it when it doesn't go far at all? Instead I would go and slash them up instead of using that. Anybody know any other situtations where this would come in handy?

RazeveX

Smash Ace
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lQFK0EE2RC4

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148456

yep its been talked about. i don't know about this one though. The only 2 situtations that it would be used in, is if your falling down..... or if your on a higher platform and your opponent is grounded (diagonally down)

if your already grounded, why do it when it doesn't go far at all? Instead I would go and slash them up instead of using that. Anybody know any other situtations where this would come in handy?
i dont play link too much, but theres probably an aerial he can short hop and use his arrow straight after instantly to keep the combo going.

Either way, it really aids unpredictability, since theres no start up frames pretty much.

oh, and you typed situtations instead of situations twice. Don't know why i'm telling you that.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
i dont play link too much, but theres probably an aerial he can short hop and use his arrow straight after instantly to keep the combo going.
I doubt it. Link's nair and fair both have long durations, and bair wouldn't work anyway for obvious reasons. Also, even if they did end soon enough, pretty much any attack will send them up, away from the limited range of the arrow, so it wouldn't hit anyway. It seems like it would have a lot more utility when used after some other projectile, like if you shorthopped a bomb throw or shot another arrow in midair or something.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. Link's nair and fair both have long durations, and bair wouldn't work anyway for obvious reasons. Also, even if they did end soon enough, pretty much any attack will send them up, away from the limited range of the arrow, so it wouldn't hit anyway. It seems like it would have a lot more utility when used after some other projectile, like if you shorthopped a bomb throw or shot another arrow in midair or something.
It works after a shorthopped bair. I'm not 100% sure of this but if their percentage is low enough the bair will hit them low enough to perform a reverse arrow cancel and hit them.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you can fit one in after a sh bair or full jump fair. I think it's more useful to do a short-hopped bomb throw into a land-cancelled arrow.

It does work better for toon link though IMO. :bee:

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
The second arrow is shot on the ground, just look at the video.
The second arrow starts shooting in the air, and landing cancels the startup animation so it comes out faster. Arrow cancelling doesn't cancel the ending lag, it cancels the starting lag. :bee:

Though in that video he does screw up a lot and shoot the second arrow on the ground. :bee:

Top Bottom