• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ARF Engine

Photos

Smash Journeyman
So, yeah, the clone engine. Why is it that everyone wants it but no one works on it? I know dantarion started work on it but stopped. what is it about the ARF engine that makes it so terribly difficult to code? to my entirely noobish sensibilities, i would think that you'd simply need to modify a couple of values and add in a new file directory. Unless you have to find these values by trial and error. Like I said, i don't understand the code hacking part of it, but i may just have to learn if no one's gonna make this stuff. btw, where's the best place to learn the how to of brawl coding?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Because only a few people know ASM/Code Making/ Have a USB Gecko which is needed to work on the thing.

The clone engine is hard to code for because characters have a lot more coding to them then say, stages. You also have to factor in more things like SAVE DATA and how the game saves data on the characters used, cosmetic IDs, and so on.

I'm sure someone more informed about it can answer in more detail.

Top Bottom