• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arena Ferox: Thoughts?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Just quickly logged into BrawlVault and found this little beauty as a Castle Siege replacement.

I haven't gotten the chance to test it out yet though if you want a more competitive Fire Emblem stage in your build, give it a shot. I'd assume based on how Castle Siege works in P:M, the second version with the statues would still skip.

I didn't make it but I thought it was worth sharing.

Video showcase (in Brawl):

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
I can dig it. I'll probably download it later.

Thanks Broski.
To install, just drag all the emblem.pacs into your stage/melee folder.

If you just drag EMBLEM.PAC, you will get Castle Siege with Arena Ferox's collision data and when the stage transforms, the game crashes.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I have a neutral platforms version of this stage (The third transformation in the video) in my build. It's nice to have a second Fire Emblem stage finally.

YoungCatface

Smash Cadet
I feel like it would work better over one of the two Pokemon Stadiums. There are four different transformations in the SSB4 version (this, at least from what I can tell, only has two) and it wouldn't be as long a time between them.

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
It's a large stage but it's much better than Castle Siege. 2 phases (0 platforms and 4 platforms) without the 'transition floor' makes it a milder version of Pokemon Stadium 1.

Now if only someone mods Castle Siege to be a see-saw stage-only...

Fortress

Smash Master
Breakable ****. 1/10, would not recommend to a friend.

If it had unbreakable things and lower platform placement on the second phase, then, well, we could talk.

Last edited:

JiFoJoka

Smash Cadet
Breakable ****. 1/10, would not recommend to a friend.

If it had unbreakable things and lower platform placement on the second phase, then, well, we could talk.
I'm using the P:M version over Castle Siege and it doesn't have breakable things.

Rage83

Smash Ace
I'll have to get a hold of that version then.
Project M's default codeset simply skips the breakable statues on Castle Siege, and this carries over to Arena Ferox when replaced. The video of Ferox was taken in Brawl, hence the breakable statues being there.

Albert Bach

Smash Rookie
Project M's default codeset simply skips the breakable statues on Castle Siege, and this carries over to Arena Ferox when replaced. The video of Ferox was taken in Brawl, hence the breakable statues being there.
If that is the case, how do I remove the code that skips the breakable statues?

Top Bottom