• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arena 51 Biweeklies, Rochester, NY - 6/7 & 6/21 - Cash Prizes and Other Cool Swag!

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
We host a bunch of local tourneys in this area that draws in pretty good talent. The average attendance is about 30 participants and we are hoping to increase this by inviting anyone interested in joining our Biweeklies.

Arena 51 is an awesome LAN center offering tons of PC and console gaming. So if you guys need a break Brawling, you can play a few of our award winning FPS, RTS or RPGs ranging from Counter Strike to World of Warcraft.

Therefore, it's definitely worth the trip if you guys attend one of our Biweeklies. Our tourneys have even attracted talents like PC Chris, Chu Dat, UmbreonMow and quite a few of DA. In addition to any prize money that you accumulate, you will also have a great time and likely to make friends with the locals who are all extremely friendly and fun to be around.

Here is the breakdown of the rules and what not below:

Price
$5 - Venue Fee (will include Pizza)
$10 - Singles
$20 - Doubles

Schedule
4PM - Warmup/Setup/Registration
5PM - Doubles
7PM - Singles
9PM - Freeplay into closing

Prizes
1st - 60% of pot + 6 A51 Credits + Large Drink
2nd - 30% of pot + 4 A51 Credits + Large Drink
3rd - 10% of pot + 2 A51 Credits + Large Drink

*Payouts and prizes are subject to change depending on number of participants.

Ruleset
- Stages (Neutral): Battlefield, Delfino Plaza, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville and Yoshi's Story

- Stages (Counterpick): Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Corneria, Frigate Orpheon, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Skyworld

- 3 Stock
- 6 min
- Best out of three and finals best out of five
- Double Elimination
- Double Blind pick can be called at beginning of set (see arbiter)
- Team Attack ON
- Life Stealing is Allowed
- Ties broken by lives, then percent

- Dave Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage

- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

- Stage Striking: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. After initial characters have been chosen, this stage must be selected at the beginning of the match.

We only need four additional Wii's for this event. First four participants with Wiis will be waived from the venue fee. Sign up here and I'll wait a list on who I will be waiving. If you have change of plans, let us know in this forum.

Wii List

If any has any questions, please feel free to contact me via AIM, Auntbitc, email, goodiespeek@gmail.com or through phone, 585.424.3140. Looking forward in seeing tons of new people!

N64

Smash Champion
I demand to be included as a "talent attracted by previous tournaments".

JK, put plank/G-reg in there first. I'm in GA and KS for the summer, so I can't make it : /, but I'll try to drop by sometime next semester! Rochester tourneys own.

_N2

Smash Apprentice
Won't be back until winter for me.
Good **** at the last tourny though.

Top Bottom