• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you takeing any days off school/work after the 10th?

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
I know I am. I'm going to be playing Brawl from 1am or so on the Sunday it is released, till midnight on a Tuesday, thats three days of Brawl!! (assuming I find a way to sneak Brawl past my friends) The following Wensday, Thursday, and Friday will be *shop* days for me at my school (I'm a Junior at a tech high school, basically whenever it is shop week its like not having school at all). Then the weekend, then February vacation! Brawl gets released on such a good date for me, I just hope I don't fry my Wii.

Some people aren't as lucky as me, I know my friends employer over at Gamestop said to all the employees that he will fire anyone who is sick or something the day Brawl comes out..true story.

Anyone else planning on taking a day or two..or 5 off from school/work when Brawl comes out?

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
psh. i planned my 2nd semester work days at MSU around this release. i can't wait!

clockwerkz

Smash Rookie
it all depends on when my EB Games decides to start selling the game...
if they have it on the 10th, I'll book off work and play it until i go to school monday

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
i thought it came out on a tuesday so i was gonna but not now
man u are so lucky

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I work part time at the moment, so I'll have it on Sunday (hopefully), and then Monday and Tuesday before having to go to work on Wednesday. That should be enough of a first meal to tide me over those days.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
sadly I can't afford to miss school im on the verge of failing:(
Well if your not sick any days during 3rd quarter of your school, and keep your grades at a B-C area, it will be worth it..

I got a few A's and B's, but this ***** of a Health teacher is trying to make it so I fail her class, I shot a condom at her face when I was a freshmen:bluejump:

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Nah. One, my mother would never let me. And two, I don't see the point when I have the entire following week off. Huzzah midwinter (don't ask me why it's called that when it's closer to spring than midwinter) break

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I have to say... that giving up a day of school would be sweet. but I want to assure being exempt from exams :p

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I'm a senior in high school, so I'll be taking off the 11th and 12th. Maybe more if I feel like it. This IS my spring break. 0_o'

okiyama

Smash Ace
I can't :( My mom wouldn't go for it, and skipping is out of the question... we have surveillance cameras... no joke. Perhaps fake sick... but she'd make the corrilation and I'm a bad liar.
But what I am doing is all night melee's true end party with my friends then at midnight getting brawl and kicking em out so i can unlock stuff alone.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
I can't :( My mom wouldn't go for it, and skipping is out of the question... we have surveillance cameras... no joke. Perhaps fake sick... but she'd make the corrilation and I'm a bad liar.
But what I am doing is all night melee's true end party with my friends then at midnight getting brawl and kicking em out so i can unlock stuff alone.
What...the ****...
Every room?

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could, but school's top priority for me. I actually have to wait an entire week to get Brawl because I don't know when mine will actually be shipped (but it is the week of its release).

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
I'm taking Monday and tuesday off. Maybe more. I have about 30 Hours left after taking two weeks off for new years...we shall see.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Not skipping, wish i could but i cant

Febuary (well the end of January) starts my 2nd semester...i'll have math, science, history and health when its released(probably a lot of homework).........hoping for none though

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I'm going to try to get Monday off school if I don't have a ton of homework.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
there is no question i will be getting time off to play this game "but i need smash bros! i need it or i will explode that happens to me sometimes"

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
I took the 10th off from work, so I'll probably spend the whole day playing with friends. We all go to the same school, so we'll probably bring it with us to school and play during our breaks throughout the week. So, hopefully, I'll get a whole days worth of brawl. Especially if I don't sleep.

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
It all depends on if my father works that day. My mother left my father last year, so if my father goes to work on Monday then I could skip school if I wanted to. I have skipped school about three times using that opportunity. He has to leave home at about 6:00 in the morning in order to make it to his job.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i'm "takeing" time off for brawl.

I actually really really really need a week off from the workload I've been getting...so what better time that the first week of brawl? Sunday, February 10th through Sunday February 17th, I'll be on a week's vacation. A fun week of playing brawl, eating delicious foods, sleeping late, drinking, getting laid, more brawl, a movie or two at the theater with friends, more brawl, get laid again, drink, food, brawl, brawl, get laid, then brawl again for a nice long day of sleep on Sunday.

Then it's work work work work again the following day. With some brawl here and there whenever I get the chance. Life after college (especially the first year after college) kind of sucks. I miss school, and not having to work so much!

In my eyes, you all are luckier than I am!

Top Bottom