• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you still going to main Toon Link?

DasPoof

Smash Rookie
NNID
DasPoof
3DS FC
1461-6216-8691
Switch FC
SW 0902 3456 5315
Toon Link will still be my go to, after him it is Pac-Man.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I will still main him, but also use :4link: (because of buff city) and :4robinm: (cause he is so fun to use). Also I like how bair is now like fair but a little faster. Also, you can actually short hop bair in this game, but it is a little hard to do it. You run away from the opponent and just as you jump, you Bair and then move backwards at the same time. Also I found a glitch in classic mode using toon link. When facing master core at 7.5 intensity (I think) just as it was changing into the dog form, I threw out my boomerang and start to charge and arrow to get ready for the beast when the camera zoomed in on me slightly. The swarm were just continue their changing animation but wouldn't change, it was weird. To stop it, you have to either time out or died.

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
As a long time brawl toon link mian, I didn't look forward to all the nerfs toon link had. All the cut AT's he had were ripped. The most important ones anyway. But after playing around trying his new techs such as bomb cancelling (down b cancel) he plays similarily to brawl tink with a reversed idea of SH bomb pull and a somewhat new combo ability out of projectiles. So far, I am actually enjoying him now and will stay as my main!

Yackabean

NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Maybe his Dair does spike, but doesn't it also go through opponents, thus putting you in danger too? (If you're over the edge)

The bomb throw cancelling stuff sounds cool though, I'll keep my eye out and mess around with him. I'm not saying he's bad, his flow is just different than what I liked before. Every character has a different 'flow' in this game, so this gen, who knows who I'll end up with.
Also to answer this, it does spike but what they have done is if it connects, you can move slightly left/right. However the spike is pretty useless and awful now so it saddens me too. Lunchables is right about bair. However I agree, I prefered the quick stringing bairs. He doesn't need this new bair when fair and uair are very potent kill options out of bombs now. Does give us use of RAR more thoug since bair is an option.

Tl;dr - appreciate the new techs and buffs he has.

Dr[?}

Smash Cadet
Loving Toon Link so far. Feels great. I catch myself trying to chain bair constantly, which gets me in trouble at times though. I suppose playing brawl nonstop these past couple of weeks before Sm4sh launch wasnt the best idea. Also having a tough time incorporating the zair to my game. I feel like there's a lot of room to grow while still being dominant with Toon Link, and thats why I enjoy him a lot. He can be as good as you want him to be.

Arekkz

Smash Rookie
Definitely loving Toon Link so far - although having spent a long time playing as him in Project M, it was a wake up call when I no longer had my jump attack :(

Used to main Marth, so still having to work my way up as Toon Link, but I definitely love his speed.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Honestly, my experience with TL in brawl left me with me only being good with him.

Haven't really decided if I'm going to pick up someone new.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
What is about toon link that feels off in this game? I can't put my finger. I still find him very fun and very similar to his brawl version, but there is just something that is off, not in a bad why and I don't know what it is.

Yackabean

NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
His bair, nair and fair have tremendous lag from a short hop if you don't act right out of your jump now. His ariel game has been really limited effectively.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I just wish his Fire arrows custom were more like Young Link's or Even his PM version. Gods, there so terrible. Not only do they have a very short and stupid range, when they hit an opponent directly , they cause basically not hit stun or knockback. The only good thing about they is there ground hit box and properties, but I wish the properties of the arrows had switch places, then I would forgive the crappy range. Gods, I wish the piercing arrows had and Ice effect where the Ice arrows. I wonder why they didn't do the ice arrows

Lobos

Smash Master
I won't be getting the wii u version when it comes (lol wii u)

If I do get a chance to play it and it is similar to the 3ds version then I am no longer maining TL and going back to my melee main Link.

Top Bottom