• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Ready!?! Smashfest at my house! Updated in first post! No Crews :(

Adolex

Smash Journeyman
Dam, and i wanted to go and MM Jovan.LOL. Next time my friend. I still wasn't gana go couse its on my friends B-day anyways.LOL. Next time for sure. And to top it off. I am actually off this day.

Lies_and_Truth

Smash Apprentice
sheik is a crappy character
nice try :p
-----
im already signed up....great, just checking :D

gonna be a great day =^_^= im gonna be teaching someone about SWD and im gonna get myself recorded TO THE MAX!!!!

*breaks beer bottle on balls*

:confused:

*dies*

ripkirby

Smash Cadet
1st : Kira $21
2nd : Me ( ripkirby or Tony ) $6
3rd : Jovan $3
4th : McRusty $0 (Too bad that you didn't get anything! That's how the game goes!)

Cheers!

Next time, I can bring over some SF3:3S just for fun!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
aww, i shoulda came and won....only kira is too good becuase sheik is oirjgetoij3warwajoi jnrsngjnawrnoiwjaoirfja;ewtrwajroijwaf ejfjwafijwahjrewahj;ghreui;htwahjfrdjwroijwafrwaifjwafa.

lame.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Had fun but Im pissed

good games today, I wont be holding any events for a really long time...my parents yelled at me for the electricity bills and that I hold events without giving them anything so Im now in trouble. :( Im not holding anything for a while so dont look forward to it.

Kira, you said "Dont be like ManaCloud" just cuz I wanted a little money for my parents so I gave you all of the prize, and now I'm in trouble. ManaCloud my *** man, this was the only time I wanted it cuz I've held what, 4-5 events at my house already? 5$ is nothing, ManaCloud asked 5$ each person a while ago. I was also trying to have fun with a free doubles tournament but no, you said we had to put money in, not all of us are made of money and dont you think 21$ is enough for a 12 man bracket? To me, you seemed kind of greedy, wanting more money after making 21$. Im no ****ing ManaCloud, I just want to be fair with you guys and with my parents, they work hard and have to pay for everything I do, which means smashfests and tournaments, if you dont want to be a LITTLE generous, then we wont have anymore. I wanted to hold my events because I wanted to have fun, and get everyone of my friends to get better and better. I did things in good intention with no want for money in mind. This was the one and only time I wanted 5$. If you had let me, maybe my parents wouldn't have yelled at me and gotten me into trouble. :(

McRusty, you got 4th freaking place, and you wanted a ****ing dollar? god man, people these days...

Also, Im the only ****ing person who hosts things for you guys besides Adam, and I never hear a word of thanks from a majority of you.

Next time, I can bring over some SF3:3S just for fun!
If there is a next time...

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I already explained this to Adam. I like mana, he's chill, i said that there are no tournies that ask for electricity bills unless you have to pay to get inside a public venue or its that one biweekly he and ken held, at least none that i've ever been to. Dude quit bashing on mana, if you had just told us ahead of time that u needed money then i would've been fine with it but to me, it just seemed like you were jacking $10 right before you distributed the money. Tournament Maker 2 said I got $21 and then all of a sudden i find out i'm getting $11? That's a little sudden if you look at it from my side. And who ever heard of a tourney with no entry fee? What's the point in having it if there is no incentive to win? It's just better to have friendlies then so people can play as long as they want. Last time you got mad at me simply because nobody showed up to your smashfest. I tried to give advice and you were just like "whatever." I won't explain myself further, cuz its stupid online, you can ask adam for the conversation we had if u want, but seriously i dont have problems with anybody and im not trying to give you a hard time cuz im really glad you hold these tournies. you gotta see it from my perspective.

EDIT: Mcrusty was joking too, obviously he wasnt expecting to get a dollar he was just upset cuz he didn't place where he thought he would.

Evilnemesis

Smash Lord
MF Pro is too funny in my opinion =). So much stress at such a young age =(, Kira does have a point though. They're his earnings and he shouldnt have to give any of it up, I would have done the same thing as would have anyone else. 21 dollars isnt a lot to begin with.

Too bad I couldnt go though. Wanted to play kira on that dk level again =)

BTW, how many tvs did you guys have? Cuz I dont think running a few tvs for a couple of hours would burn that much elictricity...................

As for everyone else, they should take this advice

=( ---------------------> =)

Simple, right?

ripkirby

Smash Cadet
It is not fair to take away the prize from the winners. If you really needed the money, the fairest way to do it was to take from everyone or ask for donations. The winners were not the only ones on the TV's were they?

Hirsine

Smash Journeyman
Heh.....

good games today, I wont be holding any events for a really long time...my parents yelled at me for the electricity bills and that I hold events without giving them anything so Im now in trouble. :( Im not holding anything for a while so dont look forward to it.

Kira, you said "Dont be like ManaCloud" just cuz I wanted a little money for my parents so I gave you all of the prize, and now I'm in trouble. ManaCloud my *** man, this was the only time I wanted it cuz I've held what, 4-5 events at my house already? 5$ is nothing, ManaCloud asked 5$ each person a while ago. I was also trying to have fun with a free doubles tournament but no, you said we had to put money in, not all of us are made of money and dont you think 21$ is enough for a 12 man bracket? To me, you seemed kind of greedy, wanting more money after making 21$. Im no ****ing ManaCloud, I just want to be fair with you guys and with my parents, they work hard and have to pay for everything I do, which means smashfests and tournaments, if you dont want to be a LITTLE generous, then we wont have anymore. I wanted to hold my events because I wanted to have fun, and get everyone of my friends to get better and better. I did things in good intention with no want for money in mind. This was the one and only time I wanted 5$. If you had let me, maybe my parents wouldn't have yelled at me and gotten me into trouble. :(

McRusty, you got 4th freaking place, and you wanted a ****ing dollar? god man, people these days...

Also, Im the only ****ing person who hosts things for you guys besides Adam, and I never hear a word of thanks from a majority of you.

If there is a next time...
See, this is what happens, not many people realize what is done in a tournament. If you want to run it, who loses the most moneyzz$$$?

The hosts= meaning that they take care of people, equipment, utilities, and Tounament

I really feel bad when I'm doing nothing for Ken or Mike during a tournament

So yeah, that suks that your parents got mad Conner, hopefully this will subside

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit surprised at the majority of the posts here. I don't blame M/F for being upset one bit.

First of all, the fact that a prize money is "needed" for incentive? What? That's a tournament, not a friendly/smashfest. And that's what this was intended to begin with, to be a smashfest. Is there something wrong with playing for fun? I didn't there was...

As for the money issues----first of all, it's true that 21$ isn't much.....but 21$ for playing a video game? Hell 11$, for PLAYING a video game? Can you seriously complain about that? The prize money is supposed to be the icing on the cake, where actually playing and having fun is the actual reason you do it.

I'm not attacking anyone, nor accusing anyone of anything. I myself didn't give anything for bills donations, BUT had I even known it was an issue, I would've chipped in 5$, and I didn't win anything.

Thanks for having me over M/F, I had a fun time. Sorry your parents attacked you :[ I don't blame you for not having anymore tournies.

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
I already explained this to Adam. I like mana, he's chill, i said that there are no tournies that ask for electricity bills unless you have to pay to get inside a public venue or its that one biweekly he and ken held, at least none that i've ever been to. Dude quit bashing on mana, if you had just told us ahead of time that u needed money then i would've been fine with it but to me, it just seemed like you were jacking $10 right before you distributed the money. Tournament Maker 2 said I got $21 and then all of a sudden i find out i'm getting $11? That's a little sudden if you look at it from my side. And who ever heard of a tourney with no entry fee? What's the point in having it if there is no incentive to win? It's just better to have friendlies then so people can play as long as they want. Last time you got mad at me simply because nobody showed up to your smashfest. I tried to give advice and you were just like "whatever." I won't explain myself further, cuz its stupid online, you can ask adam for the conversation we had if u want, but seriously i dont have problems with anybody and im not trying to give you a hard time cuz im really glad you hold these tournies. you gotta see it from my perspective.

EDIT: Mcrusty was joking too, obviously he wasnt expecting to get a dollar he was just upset cuz he didn't place where he thought he would.
NO mana's

MF Pro is too funny in my opinion =). So much stress at such a young age =(, Kira does have a point though. They're his earnings and he shouldnt have to give any of it up, I would have done the same thing as would have anyone else. 21 dollars isnt a lot to begin with.

BTW, how many tvs did you guys have? Cuz I dont think running a few tvs for a couple of hours would burn that much elictricity...................

Simple, right?
No Johns

Great games people that was fun yestarday. Sorry I left a bit early. I hope "Richards hour" was cool. Grinch awsome take down on McRusty that was great the crews were fun. Conors right about everything the host spends the most and should get atleast 20 percent of the money I don't care if it's one tv's. I mean come on people his mom made use food what mom makes food for strangers huh? well... Huh? Great games guys Props to M/F Pro for an awsome smash bash.. Cheers!!!

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Um, I guess all this tension happened after I left?

I feel bad. If I had known you needed the money MFPro, I would have given you more. I just had to get back at a certain time, and I live pretty far away. If you want, I'll help you out and give you some money so we can have another Smashfest.

I really had a great time, and I might come to another one, even though you guys are way to good:laugh: .

P.S. If ripkirby's bringing SF, I'm bringing Guitar Hero 2 and Gears. Those are games I know I can compete in. And who knows, maybe these Smashfests can branch out into other games as well (but of course centering around Smash Bros).

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero

Simple, right?
Agreed.

If it's gonna be a tournament, it's going to be a tournament. A tournament is for money and the good people are going to take it seriously. A smash fest is for fun and there is no tension. I dunno what you could've expected.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
NP's the truth. 21$'s a lot for me right now, wish I could'u come, heh. Anyways, about the electricty thing. Operating 3-4 tv's for a few hours should not have hardly any effect on your electricity bill. My mom used to say the same thing, then I researched it myself, compared bills 'n all, and it's not true. The only type of thing that will drastically affect your bill is an electronic stove, a whole house heater, things like that. If your parents are trying to tell you that using a few tv's for 1 evening is going to raise the bill, they're either misinformed, naive, or bull****ting you, no disrespect intended. But either way, I'll try to come to the next one, or as the ever optimistic M/FP said, "if there is another one" :( /emo...

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
Dude quit bashing on mana.
who said I was bashing him? You said not be a ManaCloud so it seemed like an insult, he's a good guy.

MF Pro is too funny in my opinion =). So much stress at such a young age =(
Maybe thats a sign that 12 year olds shouldn't host things anymore?

I'm a bit surprised at the majority of the posts here. I don't blame M/F for being upset one bit.
Thanks for having me over M/F, I had a fun time. Sorry your parents attacked you :[ I don't blame you for not having anymore tournies.
Thanks for being understanding and it was a pleasure to have you come. Im still thinking about hosting anything anymore.

If it's gonna be a tournament, it's going to be a tournament. A tournament is for money and the good people are going to take it seriously. A smash fest is for fun and there is no tension. I dunno what you could've expected.
I was trying to make it so that yesterday would have half and half, but it had to have money in all things competitive like tournaments and McRusty said to put money in crews. people are just too money hungry these days.

I'm Batman!

Smash Apprentice
if theres no money involved in crews and its not a battle of titans then itd be boring and no one would cheer or care if either side wins or anything. and i suggested like a dollar.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Too money hungry? Nice contradiction there.

How many tournaments do you go to, knowing you aren't going to win? How many times have you payed $15 just to go 0-2 in both doubles and singles? I've done it many times because I think it is worth it. Then McRusty and I ask for $1 entry fee for doubles only and nobody joins? Nobody thinks it's worth it? Look who's being cheap now. I know you're 12 and a few of us have given you the benefit of the doubt a few times before, but that can't happen forever.

btw I was definitely not the first nor the only person to compare asking for the electricity bill and it was obviously in a joking matter like those other people. you asked jovan after and he told you directly nobody thought you were really like mana, which you shouldn't take as an insult in the first place.

Marth/Falco Pro

Smash Lord
I know that you guys have given me the benefit of the doubt but I didnt tell you guys to, just treat me like you would to someone your age. I didn't tell anyone to give me the BOTD and yes, it can't happen forever. No one wanted to join the doubles tournament because you or McRusty would win either way.

The Grinch

Smash Journeyman
I know that you guys have given me the benefit of the doubt but I didnt tell you guys to, just treat me like you would to someone your age. I didn't tell anyone to give me the BOTD and yes, it can't happen forever. No one wanted to join the doubles tournament because you or McRusty would win either way.
I think I could have beaten them---no pride intended, and I should definitely be playing rather than just saying. Kira I want to play against you sometime, if I ever run into you at another smashfest, because everyone kept telling me you were really **** good, but I didn't play you once last nite ><;

But yeah, I really wish I had gotten there earlier for the first real tourny---I think I could've gotten top 3.

I'm Batman!

Smash Apprentice
I think I could have beaten them---no pride intended, and I should definitely be playing rather than just saying. Kira I want to play against you sometime, if I ever run into you at another smashfest, because everyone kept telling me you were really **** good, but I didn't play you once last nite ><;

But yeah, I really wish I had gotten there earlier for the first real tourny---I think I could've gotten top 3.
i think i should've gotten 1st

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i think i should've gotten 1st
Man, I can't tell if McRusty is really smart and is subtly mocking Grinch (i.e. what you "think" you could have achieved doesn't mean ****), or it's just McRusty being McRusty. Either way, I like it.

"No one wanted to join the doubles tournament because you or McRusty would win either way."

How? I find it hard to believe Elvis and Jovan and such would say something like that. And it's doubles -- just because you're good at singles doesn't mean you're good at doubles.

JOVAN

Smash Journeyman
Um, I guess all this tension happened after I left?

I feel bad. If I had known you needed the money MFPro, I would have given you more. I just had to get back at a certain time, and I live pretty far away. If you want, I'll help you out and give you some money so we can have another Smashfest.

I really had a great time, and I might come to another one, even though you guys are way to good:laugh: .

P.S. If ripkirby's bringing SF, I'm bringing Guitar Hero 2 and Gears. Those are games I know I can compete in. And who knows, maybe these Smashfests can branch out into other games as well (but of course centering around Smash Bros).
Halo 2!!! and Little Ceaser's.

Elvis

Smash Journeyman
In your hot sisters room!! and in La Habra Califor
"No one wanted to join the doubles tournament because you or McRusty would win either way."

How? I find it hard to believe Elvis and Jovan and such would say something like that. And it's doubles -- just because you're good at singles doesn't mean you're good at doubles.
i wasnt there.... but ok..

anyway m/f u need to chill a little... i know how it is to run these things... i ran one and i f'ing panicked cuz i didn know what the hell to do half the time... so i had panda and arash to help out (thnx for the help guys u guys r too chill *May tournament [long time ago] if any of you remember[u know... the crowded one >< ]) but yeah conner you should of asked ahead of time for some money... but he still deserves some cash for his parents.. i recall him never asking for a penny when his parents baught food for the ppl who were visiting... hell i remember them bringing some food and ice cream cake afterwards m/f ur awesome but yeah chill out a little and if ur gonna take out money for bills... let ppl know so they dont get upset... these conversations are interesting though.

Jovan i should b able to smash again soon... ill c if i can go to the universisty to play luigi... and most likely to get rapred cuz i havn't played in a while

Top Bottom