• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Are you interested in getting a GameTech grip?

What size 3DS do you have and would like a Gametech grip for?

• 3DS

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • 3DSXL

Votes: 44 62.0%

• Total voters

supersmasher

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2212-8762
Hello Smashboard

There is a thread going on about grips for the 3DS to help make playing more comfortable and closer to a controller layout. There are many cool grips on the market, but they aren't all available in the US.

http://smashboards.com/threads/how-...the-3ds-using-a-controller-style-grip.359407/

A company from Japan called Gametech makes some of the better grips. However, they are nearly impossible to find. I contacted the company to see if I could work out a deal to buy some and sell them here in the US.

Here are what some of them look like:
http://www.gametech.co.jp/products/catalog/1566/1566_1.html
http://www.gametech.co.jp/products/catalog/1471/1471_1.html
http://www.gametech.co.jp/products/catalog/1448/1448_1.html

Anyway, I wanted to take a poll to see how many people would be interested in buying one so that I can try to make a deal with Gametech to get some shipped over here. I'm not sure about pricing yet, but I imagine that the higher the quantity ordered the cheaper the price.

Also, check out the rest of their 3DS accessories , the thumb grips seem like they might be popular also

http://www.gametech.co.jp/products/catalog_3ds.html

Last edited:

Ashpash

Smash Rookie
I cast my vote for standard 3DS, but I've actually already ordered a CTA 3DS Hand Grip on amazon!! They don't come with triggers but for its price it should hopefully bring some comfort in holding the 3DS...

If you're counting votes as orders please ignore mine LOL! but it is super awesome you're thinking of ordering some, heck, if you do end up ordering some I might buy one down the road depending on the price!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Regular 3DS, but pricing would be tantamount in determining whether or not I get one, as I plan on upgrading to the N3DS in the long run anyway.

Shog

Smash Ace
What about us losers who only have a 2DS?
Note from me: I returned the 2DS because the New one were announced, but the 2DS > Orig. 3DS. Especially for people with big hands. Furthermore the screen is more crisp

Yeah I still "support" it, because the rubber of my circle pad is off long time ago. I need one, so maybe doing stuff like this leads to more selling of rubber pads for other countries as well

ryuu seika

Smash Master
UK resident here who tends to get through gamecube sticks. I'm not interested in triggers (they look like too long a pull anyway) but, at a decent price, I would be happy to buy a bunch of thumb grips as a preemptive measure.

Yoyoenix91

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoyoenix91
3DS FC
4425-1925-6141
I'd buy the regular 3DS grip, if I had the money for it when it was put up for sale.

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
I am very interested in buying one for the 3DS XL. It looks very comfortable and would no doubt make smash better with the grips!

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Why have I never heard of this divine creation? I want it in my hands right away.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I like my generic grip, just fine - but if they came for a reasonable price and maybe could go towards Smashboards sponsorship? I'd double dip.

Personally, though, I'd almost hope to wait until the new 3DS comes out - isn't it at different dimensions anyway? I'd buy a grip for a new LL.

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
Hi guys! I just made my account on Smash Boards! I have been a lurker on this thread (and the other grip one) for a while now and thought I would provide some information in case people were interested.

I'm unable to post links since I'm new but it's the eBay link one that's almost exactly like the one posted here (might be a knockoff?). At any rate, the seller's name is in_audio_furniture_games*

I contacted him and asked if he would be getting anymore in and this is what he said:

"Dear redreflect,

yes. we have. We will relist it next month. Thank you for your interest in our product.

- *in_audio_furniture_games*"

So here's to hoping that he really does list some more next month!

TheAppleFreak

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheAppleFreak
I'd definitely get a 3DS orig one; my hands cramp when I play Smash for long periods of time. A grip like that would be an absolute godsend.

SmashXX

Smash Cadet
I'm considering it, what material is it made of? I have a Hori transparent case for my XL and I'm a bit paranoid about getting my consoles dirty or risk scratching them lol.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'd buy me an XL in a heartbeat if the price is right. 15 bucks would work for me if the New 3DS isn't coming out this winter.

Er, should I vote if I'm undecided?

Overload

Smash Lord
Any chance you could order some extra analog covers? Can't really afford the whole setup, but some extra grip on the circle pad would be nice.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I thought I'd need one and had something similar preordered, but now I must say I am suprisingly comfy with just the 3DSXL in my hands. Might chance my opinion though if I could get one to test it.

Dwoobie

Smash Cadet

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I heard that the NEW 3ds and XL will have slightly different shapes? I wouldn't get one then. What good is a C-Stick for smash if your hands are cramping?

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I have some interest in the XL one, but that rectangle shaped thing in the back looks annoying and reminds of the 360 controller's battery pack which I despise. Also, the handles look nowhere near as nice as Cyber Gadger's handles, but the shoulder buttons might make up for that as reaching the L and R buttons on mine give me a ton of discomfort.

Top Bottom