• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You in a coma and life is All a dream?

Coma or not?

• No Way!

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Um.. Yep

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
I Think that too, and my brain Hurts. So, I Don't Think So. But what do you guys have to say?

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
sorry to burst your bubble, but dreams don't happen when you are in a coma

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
What happens after you die?
Where did the universe come from?
What was before the big bang?
When did time begin?
Where does the universe begin and end, and what is beyond that?

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Yes you are indeed in a coma, we hooked your brain up to the internet.

I'm alive though and doing awesome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm, don't know what to say about that.
No, I guess?

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Where does the universe begin and end, and what is beyond that?
The most logical answer by our current understanding of physical laws is that the universe will end in a heat death. No atoms can react anymore and no new structures or life can form.

Or at the end everything lands in a black hole which continues to get denser and will implode creating another big bang but whatever. its not like mankind will ever experience this. Hell our solar system will be dead by that point.

NNID
Budget_Player
To put it simply: it's possible, just like any number of other unprovable ideas.

However, there is fundamentally no reason to believe that it is the case, and therefore we have no reason to accept it as truth.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh, I'd love for everything beyond 2006 to all have been a nightmare that I wake up from... But that's not happening. This is reality. Quit teasing me!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

- Zhuangzi

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
If I'm in a coma, then I must've hit my head on one hell of a brick wall and went to purgatory.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I think about this kind of stuff a lot.

Sometimes I think I'm in a coma.
Sometimes I think I'm living in this virtual world that I can't get out of.
Sometimes I think the world we're looking at is in actuality, a white world but our eyes/some glasses gives it color.
Sometimes I think we're puppets in this world and somebody out there is seeing through our eyes.
Sometimes I think the world is a digital world and some guy out there is playing around with this world.

I know we shouldn't bother trying to find the answers and just live a happy life and all, but still...
My head hurts...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think about this kind of stuff a lot.

Sometimes I think I'm in a coma.
Sometimes I think I'm living in this virtual world that I can't get out of.
Sometimes I think the world we're looking at is in actuality, a white world but our eyes/some glasses gives it color.
Sometimes I think we're puppets in this world and somebody out there is seeing through our eyes.
Sometimes I think the world is a digital world and some guy out there is playing around with this world.

I know we shouldn't bother trying to find the answers and just live a happy life and all, but still...
My head hurts...
"I believe the life that is unexamined, scarcely is worth it to be lived."

- Socrates

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
sometimes i used to ask myself questions like this ten or eleven years ago but as i grew older another question rose out of those: does it really matter? even if i'm actually in a coma (which intuition would suggest to me is almost 100% not the case), i'm still going through my life as my coma-self or ~*the real me*~ sees it and i'm still going to have to live with the feelings and the experiences that i have, so it doesn't feel like there's any reason for me to care if, hypothetically speaking, i'm in a coma. i don't lose sleep thinking about things like this; sure, there's no way i can know for certain but i'm still living through it regardless. so uh

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I hope I'm not in a coma or I would be very disappointed at my lack of imagination.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
"Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

- Zhuangzi
You beat me to the Zhuangzi quote...
Anyways, coma me is pretty unimaginative if the best dream they could come up with was for me end up seeing a thread on a forum about life being a coma.

Top Bottom