• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you going to main Sonic

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's inevitable for me.

:093:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I was planning on 3rding him. Depends on how he fares compared to Samus.
Then I'll gradually see if he's MAIN or 2nd material. Depending on how Little Mac and Megaman fare.

But ATM my team of 4 is: :4littlemac::4megaman::4sonic::4samus:

I've even stopped using him in Brawl to get ready for the new mechanics. :p I've replaced him with :pit:/:wolf: for 3rd spot.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i'll be maining him regardless of how bad (or good) he turns out to be. my goal is to be the #1 sonic, which is something i wantedto achieve in brawl and could not due to age restrictions limiting my traveling potential. This isn't the case this time though.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Of course, Sonic became my #1 Smash Bros. main the moment he was confirmed on October 10th, 2007 for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That has not changed one bit since then :)

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
He'll definitely be one of my subs, but I have a ninja and a dino-dragon to main. Sorry Sonic.

Last edited:

Toadmode

Smash Rookie
Since Roy won't be in the game then I'll most likely main Sonic. He was my main in brawl so I can deal.

Though I might main Marth. lol

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Will probably be one of my mains since I dig me some Sonic, though I still wish he had more Sonic Battle moves and less spinball moves. That's stereotyping.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
It's too early to tell who I'll main, but being my favorite game series, I'm sure Sonic will rank up there.
In Brawl, there was no question Sonic would be my main once he was revealed. This time around, however, I'll want to give new or altered participants a shot before I declare someone my main.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
He'll definitely be 1 of my alts, along with Pikachu, Megaman and Pac-man (this depends on how much they change my actual Brawl main Lucario to the point where I can't use him although it seems Lucario is getting a massive buff to his aura (not sure if I'll like that since my friends find Lucario to be insanely cheap since he's the only character in the entire game to gain power when he's on the losing side), then I'll probably end up maining the Blue Blur, especially now that he got the proper buffs he should have gotten in Brawl to begin with (Sonic in Brawl was badly underpowered, he can combo (although his combos take a while to chain up since his aerials attacks are soo slow) he also takes far too long to get KOs with.)

Last edited:

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Sonic is definitely going to continue to be my main. He'll probably stay my number 1 unless Mega Man or lil-mac REALLY appeal to me.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I tried maining Sonic in Brawl
I tried maining Sonic in PM
I'll try maining Sonic again..

Time will tell if its as fruitless as before :c

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I tried maining Sonic in Brawl
I tried maining Sonic in PM
I'll try maining Sonic again..

Time will tell if its as fruitless as before :c
This might just be your chance to main Sonic, now that he's gotten some pretty good buffs that seems to make leaps of faith that far surpasses his horrible moveset in Brawl, most of his moves have been powered up and now actually have a chance to combo into each other better than he did in Brawl and he finally has decent moves that actually can lead to KOs besides his back air (Forward tilt has KO power now (unlike in Brawl where it was pretty weak and was only good for damage racking), Forward Smash (the Go punch as I prefer to call it) has been buffed (although it's slight slower than it's Brawl counterpart, despite that it's even better as a KO move than it was in Brawl), and Super Sonic was somewhat nerfed in damage & knockback a little bit and is somewhat harder to control than it was in Brawl (thank god, although it's still a deadly final smash if used right), down air (the Wizard's Foot clone) is now a meteor smash, has a new down smash (he does the splits just like Fox and Falco, which is miles better than the stupid spinball back & forth down smash he had previously), his B moves (aside from the Spring Jump which has been slightly nerfed as it doesn't give Sonic much height after his double jump (which is going to hurt him somewhat especially after doing his down air), but has been buffed (the leftover spring actually continues even after it hits someone), Homing attack (which had a slight damage nerf, going from 8% to 6%) goes off faster as does his 2 Spin attacks.

Overall Sonic seems better than his Brawl counterpart.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
This might just be your chance to main Sonic, now that he's gotten some pretty good buffs that seems to make leaps of faith that far surpasses his horrible moveset in Brawl, most of his moves have been powered up and now actually have a chance to combo into each other better than he did in Brawl and he finally has decent moves that actually can lead to KOs besides his back air (Forward tilt has KO power now (unlike in Brawl where it was pretty weak and was only good for damage racking), Forward Smash (the Go punch as I prefer to call it) has been buffed (although it's slight slower than it's Brawl counterpart, despite that it's even better as a KO move than it was in Brawl), and Super Sonic was somewhat nerfed in damage & knockback a little bit and is somewhat harder to control than it was in Brawl (thank god, although it's still a deadly final smash if used right), down air (the Wizard's Foot clone) is now a meteor smash, has a new down smash (he does the splits just like Fox and Falco, which is miles better than the stupid spinball back & forth down smash he had previously), his B moves (aside from the Spring Jump which has been slightly nerfed as it doesn't give Sonic much height after his double jump (which is going to hurt him somewhat especially after doing his down air), but has been buffed (the leftover spring actually continues even after it hits someone), Homing attack (which had a slight damage nerf, going from 8% to 6%) goes off faster as does his 2 Spin attacks.

Overall Sonic seems better than his Brawl counterpart.
I'll stay hopeful, but if I even can't use PM Sonic that well I don't see my chances being that high :/

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
From what I've seen, Sonic looks a lot better than his Brawl counter part. So most likely, yes.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
I'll probably main him with another character, but it all depends if any of my wanted newcomers actually get announced. If none of them are in the game I'll do what I pretty much did in Brawl, I'll main Sonic, second Luigi except I might second Mii Swordsmen along with him or a different newcomer as well.

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Damn right I am. Super Sonic has been super nerfed though. I haven't seen him kill a *single* person in all the videos I watched.

Oh, and he might not be an unlockable this time, so I can use him from the get-go!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario and Sonic, once again my mains

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
Sonic was always going to be a main for me, and I'm loving him in Smash 4. Assuming custom specials are allowed on a wider scale Flame Spindash is a very good candidate to make him even better for me too.

Top Bottom