• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Going To Experience All The Items, Skip Them, Or Undecided? (SSB4)

Are You Going To Experience All The Items, Skip Them, Or Undecided? (SSB4)

• Total voters

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
I'm a pretty casual gamer. So items all the way!
Sometimes it's fun to turn them off and see how I fare, but ultimately I enjoy the mad dash after a poke ball or assist trophy.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Usually I play the game with items on to test what everything does. Nothing wrong with items honestly. I'm looking forward to all the crazy items Sakurai came up with.

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
I guess you can't avoid them in single mode (classic etc.) so yes I will see them all. :)

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
I actually am suprised seeing how many people want to try items first. Nothing wrong with that. If you enjoy it.. well, to each their own. But I'd have expected less.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ain't it part of the fun and battle to discovery and gradually find newer ways to use these items? I tend to and I might expect Super Leaf to lend me Peach-styled aerial combos with characters that might seem plain brutal with it. Also Assists, I'm gonna hunt every one of them down.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Items I know I'm skipping;
-Beetle
Items I'm thinking about skipping;
-Special Flag
-Ray Gun
-X-Bombs
-Master Ball
Unconfirmed Items I might skip;
-Banana Peel
-Fan

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I like playing with the items and without the items equally. Playing with the items is especially fun in stock matches with 10 or more lives and a bunch of friends. I will play without items in "For Glory" and to train for "For Glory" and that's about it. :)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
One of the best parts with Smash is that you can set on and off those items you want. It gives tons of replay ability just by that. Could always difference it out.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I love the items in Smash Bros games, especially with friends. So i'd say yes.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'll experience all the items while playing with my brother and his friends, and the occasional party. Any other times, I'll be playing item-free.

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Of course I'll try out all of the items. I'm sure there are a few that will annoy the piss out of me, but I gotta try 'em first. I play all kinds of matches, so they will all get some usage.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Well I have to see all the Final smashes. And I would like to see how each item operates for myself....so yea I'll try every one of them.

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
I would at least try them out first, then just disable any of the absolutely unnecessary ones. I don't get completely disabling them from day one. It's part of the experience after all! Why order a pizza with sausage just to scrape them all off later just because you don't know if you'll like it with them? (Even if the Brawl Pizza had a good amount of bad sausages... I'm comparing games to pizza what is wrong with me)

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
I would at least try them out first, then just disable any of the absolutely unnecessary ones. I don't get completely disabling them from day one. It's part of the experience after all! Why order a pizza with sausage just to scrape them all off later just because you don't know if you'll like it with them? (Even if the Brawl Pizza had a good amount of bad sausages... I'm comparing games to pizza what is wrong with me)
Well, it will still be in classic mode and such. It's like ordering a delicious pizza, without sausage, because I know I'm a vegaratian, yet, some of the times, get them anyway.

Pizzas aside (I want to have some later): the reason why it's almost 100% of people experiencing the items, I guess, is because most see what they're like first, before disabling (semi-disabling) them. Those who disable them from day one (like me) know they don't like them. If they would ask what my favorite items are and they'd add them all, I'd still turn them off.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Well, it will still be in classic mode and such. It's like ordering a delicious pizza, without sausage, because I know I'm a vegaratian, yet, some of the times, get them anyway.

Pizzas aside (I want to have some later): the reason why it's almost 100% of people experiencing the items, I guess, is because most see what they're like first, before disabling (semi-disabling) them. Those who disable them from day one (like me) know they don't like them. If they would ask what my favorite items are and they'd add them all, I'd still turn them off.
Well tbf I'll turn off items that cause insta kills, but I always love using or seeing someone use the fan or pokeball, and the assist trophies all look fun to see. I'll only turn off items when I play for Glory or train for it probably. I just like items too much.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I think even comp players who play with new items still want to see what the new ones do for a while. I want to play with them at least but will turn them off a couple months after the game is out.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
What usually happens with me is:
- I play the game with all items on at first. Getting an idea of what they all do and which ones I find obnoxious.
- As time goes on, I turn off all the ones that frustrate me for one reason or another.
- At some point, I go through a phase where I turn items off.
- As it draws closer to the end, I turn items back on, but primarily use bombs and healing items. All the ones that annoy me, on high.

I generally just switch between items on/off and 'custom' throughout the game's life. This will be the same for SSB4.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I will play with all items on though some matches I do may have either limited or no items.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm most certainly going to use items and see what they do. I'll play matches with items on, and play matches without them to experience different types of fun.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
My item usage will most be through simple/classic mode and Smash Run. I am going to be playing those two quite a lot before I gear up to competitive smash

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I normally keep fun items (though brawl didn't have many...) I think the jetpack will be cool in aerial battles, and weapons like a beam sword are fun ways to fight in duels. I can imagine Bowser vs Bowser ore club matches just because it'd look AWESOME. I hope there are other fun items!

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'll mostly learn about the items by running into them in Classic mode, not spending time experimenting in Training/Vs. Eventually, I'll figure out what items I actually enjoy and turn the others off the majority of the time. Of course, most of my friends prefer no items always other than occasional Pokeball on Very High matches, so my items selections won't matter too much.

Top Bottom