• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Are you buying a Wii-U just for Smash 4????

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Me too I love nintendo games. Just boggles my mind when they add a win powerup for example in a mario game or and easy mode in any game. It is there for those who want it, but back in the days of no internet, they gave us some of the most challenging games and kids like us beat those games when we were ten. Hate to see that design in nintendo games, but like I said its there for those who want it I suppose. With A Link between Worlds, it seems like they are going back to that old school mentality of you are on your own. I love to see that.
So you hate choice? No one's ****ing forcing you to grab the Invincible Leaf on Mario games.

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
I was going to buy it only for Smash 4, but with such great upcoming games such as Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors, I guess I won't be.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
More or Less, no. True, I did consider just passing the Wii U up... but Smash 4 did bring me back to my since. Also, there are a few good games out, and MORE to come in 2014!

INB4 Year of Wii U 2014.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
Got wind waker HD super Mario bros wii u and super luigi wii u and pikmin 3 and monster hunter 3 all for Xmas don't even have 3d world yet plus donkey kong is around the corner I have my winter set and planned out with great new games plus smash on the horizon alot of reasons to get the wii u

EverythingSmash

www.youtube.com/everythingsmash
I picked up a wii u originally with smash bros. 4 in mind.
But, I've been amazed with the amount of great games on this system, with all the "hate" this system is getting. I've still been playing more then my ps4. It's got some great games in its library already, and 2014 looks amazing for the system .

ZelDan

Smash Master
No, There is much more than just Smash 4 I am/I was looking forward to getting for the Wii U. Smash 4 is one of the games I am most interested in however.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Bought the Wii U today just for Smash 4. Of course I will be getting some other games and enjoy those, but when Smash 4 is released that will be all I play for awhile.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I usually buy into whatever hardware Nintendo makes, regardless if there are any good launch games or not. Smash definitely helped solidify my purchase, though.

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Initially, yeah I was going to hold off getting a Wii U until the next Smash game came out. Since then there's been quite a few titles I want, though. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D world, Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2, and that Tecmo Koei Zelda game Warriors of Hyrule. But Smash is still the biggest walrus on my list, unless (miraculously) a new F-Zero, Metroid or Starfox game is announced.

Mr Lange

Smash Apprentice
Originally yes, Smash is for me the most important game coming out on Wii U. However I've since become interested in Mario Kart 8. Aside from Rayman Legends, I'm scarcely interested in the rest of the Wii U's library.
Same was true for Wii which I managed to get not long after launch and "Smash Bros Revolution" was still merely a Wikipedia stub, but I had become interested in other games soon after, including Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and later Super Paper Mario. I now have about a dozen Wii games that I really like.
When GC came out, I did want it for Melee, but I was also already interested in a lot of its games.
As for N64, I had gotten it before Smash Bros existed, and when I later discovered it I was captivated and got it as soon as I could. From there it started becoming my most played game ever, alongside Sonic 2 and 3K.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna hold out on the Wii U for Smash, but my Wii quit working recently and I went ahead and upgraded/replaced it. So, kinda yes, lol.

D

Deleted member

I actually did get a Wii U on Christmas Eve along with The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (digital copy), Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101. There are also quite a few games I am anticipating at this moment, such as Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, etc.

But none of this would have been the case without Super Smash Bros. Wii U. Or more specifically, Mega Man's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U. Mega Man is pretty much not only a game seller, but also a system seller to me. It was a primary reason why I came to the SSB4 discussion scene all the way back in June, 2011 and what kept me here up until his confirmation. The wait, as far as I'm concern, has been worth it and I look forward to putting in hundreds of hours into this game (especially to main Mega Man).

Had Brawl been the last installment, I would probably have stopped gaming entirely and moved on to other hobbies.

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't like the idea of playing SSB4 on a handheld console, so I'm really thinking about getting a Wii U mainly for this game. First it looked like there wouldn't be any other games I'd be interested in but now I have a few (Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, probably more since I haven't really looked into it much), so I think I'll be getting a Wii U at least when SSB4 comes out, if not earlier.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
IM planning of buying an used WIIU with the help of my other 6 fellow smashers just to buy smash4

Last time , eahc one of us bought a wii and brawl... 6 wiis and 6 copies of brawl in total..... and by the year we were not playing the damn game because of how let down we were.

This time we will not commit the same mistake...and we will buy an used WiiU for the 6 of us, and smash4.

No point in wasting ****tons of cash if the game is not at the very least in smash Melee´s standard.

I was let down soo much and depressed 6 years ago with brawl.... i still canot overcome it.

ironically i was playing melee with my pals some days ago...and we ahd a blast.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Sm4sh will be the push factor that causes me to break down and purchase it, but I'm anticipating there being tons of other great games for me to pick up once I do finally cave on that fateful day Sm4sh is dropped (it's just PIkmin 3 and the new Mario 3D World I want to try out atm).

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
No, but Smash 4 being good (read; more like Melee than Brawl) will largely determine if the Wii U is just a side system for Nintendo games or a truly great system despite all of its problems, for me. Back in the Gamecube days, I didn't really care if the platform got the shaft from third party developers because Melee was such an amazing game that it sucked up most of my playtime anyway. Hope it's the same for Smash on the Wii U, but I'm not holding my breath.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
This and Wii U Zelda. Tropical Freeze is just icing on the cake.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'm buying a WiiU for Smash. Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors and 3D World will be nice bonuses.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I didn't get the Wii U solely for SSB4... I got Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Pikmin 3, EarthBound, and DuckTales: Remastered.

Top Bottom