• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we using all our tools !?

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
Hydrants are part of our meta game , as well as the water blasts ... but only the horizontal water blasts ? I think if we can utilize that upward water blast it'll improve our meta greatly.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Well for taller characters, you can drop hydrant and grab them. Up-throw and give chase with the boosted speed from the up blast. However, the timing is so tight its ridiculous. It also is hard to be consistent with it, and does not really give much in the way of options. You can jump extra high, but the time it takes to have that occur makes it junk at best.

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
The upward one is really just for chasing people trying to recover high, but i have utilized it to get a better throwing angle for fruit. if we're on the topic of using all our tools, the power pellet is really good offstage as an edgeguard and for people trying to escape your aerials. definitely a move that should be used in the air. not to mention if you hydrant dash while preparing it you can stop a low recovering opponent very quickly.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of perhaps z dropping the fruit in the upward blast and kicking the hydrant, and perhaps using that as a trap, since the fruit has to come down you could up throw into the fruit, ima test it.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
A tool I use a lot now is trampoline to punish people in shield.

If they shield grab one of my aerials I'll instead empty hop right in front of them and immediately trampoline. Or run up to them, shield and then trampoline out of shield.

It conditions them to know they aren't safe in shield, and they're not just going to shield-grab me. I've found that very helpful.

Top Bottom