• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we getting another new stage? List of evidence for it.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Most of this was stolen from various places. I'll credit as I go.

First, stolen from ballodofwindfished from Reddit...the awfully photoshopped looking circle!

How blurry!

Next, let's look at the stage numbering, as stolen from ginjii from Reddit!

Here are the DLC stages URLs
http://www.smashbros.com/us/images/dlc/stage_1.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/us/images/dlc/stage_2.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/us/images/dlc/stage_3.jpg http://www.smashbros.com/us/images/dlc/stage_5.jpg

Hmm...no stage 4? And trying this gets you nothing
http://www.smashbros.com/us/images/dlc/stage_4.jpg
Of course, Suzaku castle doesn't actually show up on the site, so it could be "Stage 4" internally. But, as pointed out by Albie83 on Smashboards, it came before stages 2 and 3, so it would logically be "Stage 2" unless development went really weird. Still, if stages associated with characters aren't numbered, that suggests "Stage 4" is NOT tied to a character, unless it's sold separately for some reason.

And lastly, as stolen from...numerous people throughout the net....
The new stage is not centered, while they have ALWAYS centered stages. This suggests that there's another stage next to it.

So, what do you think? Are we getting a new stage? Do we have a Sherlock Holmes complex?

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
We're probably getting a another new stage.

If not, then I'll have to kill someone, because the lack of symmetry there is a crime against humanity.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Do people seriously not understand that the stage icons can scale to accompany more on the page? A blank space isn't a surefire indication that more can / will be added. The 'extra' category could easily be just as packed as the 'normal' category if they wanted.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
Do people seriously not understand that the stage icons can scale to accompany more on the page? A blank space isn't a surefire indication that more can / will be added. The 'extra' category could easily be just as packed as the 'normal' category if they wanted.
What does icon size have to do with this?
And the blank space itself isn't the point. The point is that it's not centered, even though in all other instances a stage by itself on a row was centered....which implies that there is supposed to be something there.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
The fact that it's not centered probably doesn't mean much though, it would look kind of weird if they lined them up in a 6x2 rectangle. If anything the fact that the fourth jpg is missing (but all optimism aside it's probably just suzaku castle lol).

As pessimistic as I am with the "evidence", I do think we'll get one more stage as dlc. It would make sense since the smash ballot is ending soon. (personally I think a splatoon stage is a no brainer as the other big development next to mario maker)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
And the blank space itself isn't the point.
Except your first point is about the blank space? People keep bringing this up.
I'm not doubting the existence of more stages, it's apparent that we'll get more, but the "guys there's that blank space next to Mario maker, we're getting another stage" conclusion isn't a true factor. MM could have been aligned in the center and additional stages would push the icon around.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
That would be quite cool...

Maybe tied to a new character? Or is that ballot thing not going to give us our voted upon fighter until later? (assuming the voted on fighter is something they can get the rights to)

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I got a blank space, and I ll write your name.... (Saffron City)
I am hoping so... I miss that stage.

With that said it was terrible on Ness in SB64 (to the point where it wasn't tournament legal in when he played.)

I guess they could make some clear windows on the buildings that serve as platforms, and let both Ness, and Lucas PK Thunder pass through it (other than the roof) in order to fix that.

The level would also be tough for Rosalina and Luma... takes some effort to recover straight up and bouncing off the side and dieing would suck a lot....

And the wall Cling Mechanic may make this level not a good fit for Sm4sh... though if its possible to make it not allowed for the inside parts of it it could work.

Level needs a lot of adaptation to work in this game.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
For any returning stage, I'm hoping for either Peach's Castle, Yoshi's Story 64, or Fountain of Dreams :)

Raijinken

Smash Master
Orange Star HQ.
Sami/Andy.
Boom. Reskinned Fourside with an Advance Wars flare.

But seriously, the answer is "probably," though I wouldn't take any of this as support for it. This is like the filenames for Brawl that everyone thought meant Rockman or Rayman, when it really just meant ROB.

Khao

Smash Lord
MM could have been aligned in the center and additional stages would push the icon around.
Exactly. The point is that it isn't on the center, despite there being no other stages to push it around.

This is not just a matter of "omg there's enough space for another one so it's obvious there is another one". It's about the stage not being in the center, being pushed aside in the exact same way it would if there was another slot right next to it.

Every single row of slots in both stage and character selection gets centered, it's how the game work. It happens automatically when new stuff gets added, the only way for a slot to be pushed off-center is by being pushed by another slot. This has been true for every single DLC released so far, everything always ends up being centered.

So the question is, why isn't this stage centered on the menu?

EDIT: Also, could be wrong, since I don't think there's ever been an instance of the stage selection with only 6 icons to compare, but if that screenshot was consistent with the way the menu worked in the past, Hyrule Castle would be pushed down to the third row, pushing Mario Maker to the right, and leaving 3 rows with 2 stages each. Either that, or No stage would have been pushed down in the first place, and we'd just end up with 2 rows with 3 stages each. If there were two stages on the last row instead, that wouldn't have to happen.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Orange Star HQ.
Sami/Andy.
Boom. Reskinned Fourside with an Advance Wars flare.

But seriously, the answer is "probably," though I wouldn't take any of this as support for it. This is like the filenames for Brawl that everyone thought meant Rockman or Rayman, when it really just meant ROB.
While this wouldn't be possible from what we know, this is a very noble wish. :)

MrNantendo

Smash Cadet
Here is my theory on the next stage and characters based on the info we have. In the source files that got dug up last april, when people found the file names for Ryu, Roy and Lucas. There was slots for 2 more characters (both listed as Mario) and 14 stages (this includes Omega forms). With the New Mario Maker stage announced we have had 12 DLC stages added since then meaning that we only have 1 more stage left.

Ryu got a stage with his reveal based on Street Fighter and he is the only newcomer we have had. Therefore, so far all newcomers have had a stage with them and this may be something Sakurai does with the next newcomer. So if we follow rumours and say Shovel Knight, then he would get a stage based on his game and that would be the one in the missing slot. But wait! That would mean all the stages are taken up but we still have 1 character slot left. This means it would have to be a Veteran character as they do not get stages associated with them.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I really doubt they will be releasing only a new stage. I am betting on a veteran being released as DLC on top of the stage.

Last edited:

MrNantendo

Smash Cadet
Actually my theory may need to be changed. I just realized that suzuka castle that comes with Ryu is not listed under the stages on the site so it would make sense that whatever stage associated with a newcomer would also not be.

This is weird because it either means you would buy the newcomer and their stage seperately, whatever newcomer will not be getting a stage dedicated to them or we are actually getting two veterans and one random stage.

1FC0

Smash Lord
That must have been a very pleasant surprise for them!

Raijinken

Smash Master
That must have been a very pleasant surprise for them!
Personally, I like ROB, and while at the time I'd have liked Rockman way more, I was pleased with ROB's inclusion.

But the point was, this sort of speculation is mostly just speculation. Even the Ryu and Roy files being found in the game could have led to a "Forbidden Seven" type situation if this were, say, last console generation.

EvilPinkamina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EvilPinkamina
I find it unlikely that they'd release SMM's stage alone, but this isn't very compelling. For all we know it's a stage that got scrapped for further development of the SMM stage, or the elements that were going to be in that stage were added to SMM's randomization.

As for the Stage Select Screen, I wouldn't put it past Ninty to make that mistake at this point, or have the space open for a later DLC stage.

It is possible that we are getting a new stage with mario maker, probable that we're getting another dlc stage at all, and highly likely that the smash community has more of a "grasping at straws" complex than a Sherlock Holmes one.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Maybe because it hasn't been announced yet/ kept secret, is because it's linked to a game coming out soon.
OR perhaps linked to a character coming out soon, that would spoil the characters announcement if the stage is revealed too early.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
While I would say the big gap on the SSS is probably a clear indication, I also would 100% not put it past them at this point to be too lazy to center the icon. They've really phoned in menu organization this time, especially when DLC has been involved.

CoolCove

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolCove
3DS FC
0103-9962-4793
I DO think we are getting a new stage, But it might not be along the release of the Mario Maker stage. But I am pretty exited for the new stage even if we don't get another one!

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
The Japanese version shows all the stages on one screen and looks like it is missing a stage on their advertisement for this stage. As seen on this GameXplain video.

Koopatch

Smash Rookie
The missing Stage 4 is actually Sakurai trolling us for the Roy and Ryu leak. Or a Gang-plank Galleon Stage, just to say : "Hey, you wanted K.Roll, here's a stage. Have fun with the Mii costume, though."

CoolCove

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolCove
3DS FC
0103-9962-4793
If we do get a new stage, I personally would like Pirate Ship HD. I really liked the stage in brawl and would love to see it return.:pirateship:

Top Bottom