• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are there any improvement to DK's upb?

Dagingabreadman

Smash Apprentice
So seriously, is DK's up b any better in terms of vertical distance? Cuz I remember in melee if you were 1 metre below the stage with no second jump, you were pretty much dead.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
His Up + B in Melee was his best attack.

Down + B: Set itself up due to range difficulties, and sending the opponent up, allowing them an easy escape.

>B: Head Butt you had to be close range, and even then it missed quite often.

B: Was just sub-par.

B<: About like B>.

Up B at least allowed recovery, and was quite quick, and covered some distance. Easy to dodge though.

That's why it is better.

On topic- From what I've heard and seen it goes a bit quicker, and a little bit further. So I'm guessing that could be considered a vast improvement IMHO.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
uuuhhh how tuh *** is it the best up b? just cuz of the horizontal distance?
DK's UpB came out in 3 frames and had invincibility frames, meaning awsome priority, it was also an awsome edgegaurder, just drop from the ledge when hanging and upB, but to my question

In Melee, DK lost his Giant punch charge when hit out of his upB, I would like to know if this is still kept in, so to anybody going to E for All, is it?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
DK's over b seems a bit better (because you can actually hit them out of the ground with a strong move for a KO) and his neutral b seemed worse (significantly less powerful, this happened to MOST of the really strong killing moves though)

his up b seemed mostly the same in the air, but i didn't see it used much on the ground in the style of a normal dk, it visually is the same but i didn't really see anyone land with it to see if it was powerful

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
DK's over b seems a bit better (because you can actually hit them out of the ground with a strong move for a KO) and his neutral b seemed worse (significantly less powerful, this happened to MOST of the really strong killing moves though)

his up b seemed mostly the same in the air, but i didn't see it used much on the ground in the style of a normal dk, it visually is the same but i didn't really see anyone land with it to see if it was powerful
you sure his punch was toned down gimpy? I nailed a boswer with it on the animal crossing stage (about 3/4 toward the left side) at about 87% and he died.

but i could be mistaken about his percentage, it could have been 125%. or maybe the AC stage just isnt very wide...

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Man, watching that vid just made me realize that when he lands his UpB, he gets massive lagging, and it also seems that it's easier to trap them in the whirlwind of the UpB

but please, somebody tell us if the grounded upB is still fast and powerful, somebody

Eagle

Smash Lord
In some video, I think during DKs up+b he gets the unflinching thing.

I saw it in some video.

Top Bottom