• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are people still playing?

Hayore

Smash Rookie
Finally going to buy it but I wanted to know if there are still people playing on the 3ds version. In addition, how easy will it be to find people from europe to play with, because I think it would lag if I play with people overseas.

Looterius

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4121-9756
Well i guess there's still a bunch who plays Smash4 3ds, you could add me if you like, but i'm kinda casual-ish so i'm not that great.
But i'm from EU.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still play it every once in a while. Used to play this everyday before the Wii U version came out.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
It is still very active with it's online features. I play both versions constantly (though the last 2 weeks have had some life stuff in the way) and I usually have an easier time finding opponents in the different modes on the 3DS than on the Wii U. (The Wii U one seems to be strictly to 1v1 for glory with some use in FFA For Fun. Wish the other modes got more use) You may have a harder time finding friendlies for the 3DS for With Friends, but I still see enough 3DS online tourneys for it to be good to play.

That and I'm able to mix up my lunch breaks with this and MH4U is a great thing.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I still play this all the time. It helps me stay active in the game by playing this version on the way and such. Plus I love Smash Run!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I go out a lot on a regular basis. So yeah, the 3DS version still sees a lot of activity from me. Perhaps even more so than the Wii U version....

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
It sold more than the WiiU version so its definitely played more, but probably more on the casual side.

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
Although i love playing on the wii u and i still try to play it on my free time when i'm not busy with college work. I find the 3DS one more convenient due to the fact that its portable although i still try to practice or play with my friends every day.

Last edited:

mrbaconbeast

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-2389-4958
i play just about every day but its harder to find threads of pepole sharing there friend codes by the day

D

Deleted member

It is the version that has sold more copies out of the two. Why wouldn't people play it? And let's not bring up the "only casuals play it" argument. Lots of people play the Wii U version that way as well.

DeliciousDarren

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1435-3664-3412
I'm always playing For Glory and don't seem to have an issue finding people. I think it will be pretty active for those of us that don't own a Wii U.

Khao

Smash Lord
Yeah I usually pull my 3DS to play a couple matches during bus rides and lunch breaks. When I get home I kinda have others things I need to do so I don't really play as often as I would like to. :/
Same here. I own both versions and actually prefer the Wii U version for a bunch of different reasons. But the 3DS version gets more use simply because I have far more chances to play it. On the bus, while waiting for my food to be ready, while my code is compiling at my job... Or heck, even at home when I want something quick to play that I can interrupt at any time, the 3DS version is just better for that seeing how I can just close it and take it around the house and stuff.

Plus, when I'm home and I do feel like playing something "seriously" and actually have the time, I usually just end up going for a different game. My gaming backlog is ridiculous and I'd rather play the games I have yet to complete than just Smash randomly.

Corsola

Smash Rookie
There are plenty of people who don't have a Wii U so they play the 3DS version. Whenever I wanna play with friends I usually have to go on the 3ds because of that.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I still play it quite often even after I got the Wii U version. I prefer the Wii U version, but I have more time to play my 2DS (yes, I own a 2DS...) than I do my Wii U. Plus, I have all the custom special moves in my copy of Smash 3DS.

That was a crazy month, eh? Playing Classic mode over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Yep! I still play it, although it's mostly because I'm too lazy to go downstairs and turn on the WiiU, haha.

chtucker18

Smash Rookie
Finally going to buy it but I wanted to know if there are still people playing on the 3ds version. In addition, how easy will it be to find people from europe to play with, because I think it would lag if I play with people overseas.
I play it a lot, mostly in my bedroom.

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
Out of all the controllers you can use with the Wii U version, only one allows you to play and farm custom parts without a Wii U. 3DS is awesome.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I don't have the Wii U version, and I don't have any RPGs to play so I play frequently. Mostly in For Glory or friendlies at Smash Ladder.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Yep I'm pretty sure there are a lot more players on the 3ds than the Wii U. The 3ds' portability is a huge plus for its cause.

Top Bottom