• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are noobs killing wolf?

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Snake king the only thing i usually use to kill with wolf is his Fair, Bair, Dair or his Dsmash i rarely use smash attacks though and his air moves are good for juggling getting them to high percents. At some point i will start posting my matches so you could watch but thats what i usually use

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I'm trying to master wolf, so you can call me a noob at him, I also spam the f-smash a lot, but some people like me are trying to get down more combos with him, but f-smash is an only resort sometimes when you can't land some of those combos down. I agree that some people are killing him using wolf, but he isan easy character to pick up and start kicking some *** with. He is easy to use but difficult to master.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
it is true that fsmashing is something that needs to be used in situations im not telling people to not smash with wolf im just telling them not to excessively smash with him you will never get better.

ScubaF_ingSteve

NNID
ScubaSteve94
I understand and I'm agreeing with you.

All I'm saying is that sometimes to get the hang of a character you have to try out his best stuff and at time spam it, but soon the player will wisen up and see there are more options. Like I used to f-smash spam, now I'm trying simple combos like d-air down-b and f-smash or sh-fair. But I agree with you.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i can see a clear and big difference between good bad and pro wolf players . so far i have 4 people that are good with him 2 probably young kids who sux with him and this one dude whos soo insanely good with wolf. i think hes easy to pickup but mad hard to master. im even thinking to use him but i wont fight online or anything until im solid.

great char btw

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Well anytime u wanna test your wolf out on a non spammer wolf just send me a pm.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
Wow that video has to be the worst video iv ever seen of people playing smash. Why would they even post that >.<

M@v

Subarashii!
fsmash is a stupid move to spam with. With fox,falco,wolf trio, the b blaster is essential part of strategy. its by no means the only move you use, but you use these moves every chance you get. the damage racks up quite quick. Wolfs blaster got priority over a LOT of moves, and, since it can hit them with a melee attack too, its good for stopping a charge or a combo.
Wolfs recovery isnt the greatest in the world though.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
why are you all complaining about wolf's fsmash? just learn to dodge it, it's not hard.

there is no wrong way to play a character. wolf's moves were made by the programmers and i'm sure they noticed they gave the fsmash good range. it doesn't matter how much you use smash attacks, they are in the game so people will use them. if a player likes using smash attack so be it. they don't need to play a character the right way because there is no right way to play someone, just a good way.

now how about you n00bs stop complaining and just learn to beat down wolf spammers?

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
ok first of all if you did any reading at all you know this is a respect thing not a whether or not it could be dodged so how about u noob learn to read. And also there is a difference in using smash attacks and spamming them and also if u read anything you would know that we have said before they are just going to get wrecked in competitions. So maybe next time you wanna post know what your talking about.

ScubaF_ingSteve

NNID
ScubaSteve94
This is a perfect example of a newbie wolf player. Not to mention a bunch of kids. Just listen to them talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bBM2a0HGZo
wah r u taking bout tey r awisom ur a nub comperd 2 they lolz

Anyways, I have a feeling that wolf is gonna be picked up by a lot of people but will not be used to his max potential, I'm just gonna ignore it and do my best like always.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree with you skater Trainer by the sounds of it noobs will b noobs and spam not using their char. to true potential and wolf will become one of the disrespected char because of it. O well as long as you dont spam and show true skill you will get respect even if you do play a disrespected char. well good luck to you.

/GG no remake cya

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Noobs do kill Wolf as do they kill Ike, Pit etc. They make it seem like all Wolf can do is.

blaster
blaster
blaster
fsmash
blaster
fsmash
blaster
dsmash
fsmash
blaster
blaster
fsmash.....

you get the point.

Anyways with all the noob Wolf players out there non-Wolf mainers sometimes discredit Wolf's potential and label him a "noob" character or a spammers character. That's just my two cents.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
i agree but im not going to say anything ells because these people cant see that so best of luck to you mr. kennedy

ReK99

Smash Rookie
Good Wolf is good.
Bad Wolf is bad.

The only way people will improve playing Wolf is when they play better players and find out that spamming blaster and fsmash wont always work. Hopefully then they'll start thinking before they brawl. The players who don't will remain bad Wolf players and who really cares what happens to people who don't learn from their mistakes?

Edit:

To be on topic. It all just depends on what presents the image of the character, the ones who play it well, or the ones who don't. Personally I try to watch matches that showcase how well someone plays a character, if they don't play the character well, then it gets boring and I close out of the window. Cross your fingers other people do the same.

/end edit.

Disclaimer: I am terribad. I just thought I'd say something agreeable.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
ok first of all if you did any reading at all you know this is a respect thing not a whether or not it could be dodged so how about u noob learn to read. And also there is a difference in using smash attacks and spamming them and also if u read anything you would know that we have said before they are just going to get wrecked in competitions. So maybe next time you wanna post know what your talking about.
how is it a respect thing? most of the posts are you complaining about wolf fsmash spammers. i said deal with it by learning to let the n00bs be n00bs, and you be the better man and destroy the n00bs. n00bs ruin wolf. don't complain, just live with it.

Top Bottom