• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are my mains well balanced?

DarkGengar

Smash Rookie
Hey, ive mained fox and falco for a long time, since i began really and also puff and marth, but i really want to main shiek and falcon, falcon mainly being for against fox and maybe other falcons because my shiek is so good against everything else. are these well balanced mains to go with? fox and falco just really arent much fun and hurt my hands, but i keep doubting myself in tournament and just going all fox because hes the best and ive played with him so long, not trusting in my new mains. People also always say main who you have fun with or something along those lines, i have fun with falcon but i have fun with who i win with, and that always changes. Theres also a side of me that thinks it would be a huge waste to stop playing my characters like marth fox falco and puff when ice played them for 3 years.

Last edited:

AscendantAquila

Smash Cadet
Sheik does a lot better against Fox than Falcon, if you are worried about that. In fact I think both spacies absolutely dominate Falcon, while Sheik still loses them it is a lot closer to being even. I'd say main whoever you want but if you are thinking about playing Sheik and Falcon, I don't really see the point of playing Falcon in almost any MU other than ICs probably, because while I believe Sheik ICs is in Sheik favor, I'll concede it is a pretty hard MU to learn and play from Sheik.

Like I said before, it all comes down to who you enjoy playing the most and if you are also worried about the results, up until you reach a high level, your character generally won't hold you back that much if you choose any of the top 8 characters and are willing to put work in with whoever you choose to play.

DarkGengar

Smash Rookie
Sheik does a lot better against Fox than Falcon, if you are worried about that. In fact I think both spacies absolutely dominate Falcon, while Sheik still loses them it is a lot closer to being even. I'd say main whoever you want but if you are thinking about playing Sheik and Falcon, I don't really see the point of playing Falcon in almost any MU other than ICs probably, because while I believe Sheik ICs is in Sheik favor, I'll concede it is a pretty hard MU to learn and play from Sheik.

Like I said before, it all comes down to who you enjoy playing the most and if you are also worried about the results, up until you reach a high level, your character generally won't hold you back that much if you choose any of the top 8 characters and are willing to put work in with whoever you choose to play.
The reason i play falcon against fox and other falcons is that was the first mu i learned with him, and fox is super easy with my falcon. Ive never done well againt fox with my shiek because im still not good at downthrow tech chases, there are just too many options for a fox to get up i cant keep tech chasing i also have no practice partners so when im at a tournament friendlies are my practice for that week, and i always get afraid and only play fox because i dont wanna blow it, 10$ is a lot of money for me...

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
It's better just to learn the new match ups with Sheik because eventually you're going to hit a brick wall with Falcon where players know what they're doing and you'll have to really outplay them to win. Unfortunately Sheik still isn't the best against Fox, but she's probably the next best after spacies and Marth.

Also, if you struggle with down throw tech chasing 20xx hack pack is great for that as the teching and DI on the CPU's is random. I have a friend who practiced a lot on that and can reliable re grab for like 70-80 percent unless I condition him to go for a read and then make him miss (which I can do very well, and he's actually started to go for reads more because he really wants to prove he can hit them but he almost always misses. It's pretty funny).

Last edited:

DarkGengar

Smash Rookie
It's better just to learn the new match ups with Sheik because eventually you're going to hit a brick wall with Falcon where players know what they're doing and you'll have to really outplay them to win. Unfortunately Sheik still isn't the best against Fox, but she's probably the next best after spacies and Marth.

Also, if you struggle with down throw tech chasing 20xx hack pack is great for that as the teching and DI on the CPU's is random. I have a friend who practiced a lot on that and can reliable re grab for like 70-80 percent unless I condition him to go for a read and then make him miss (which I can do very well, and he's actually started to go for reads more because he really wants to prove he can hit them but he almost always misses. It's pretty funny).
the way i already beat foxes is by outplaying them. I think shiel barley compares to fox. Also i cant get 20xx, all i could get is 20xxte from a friend at a tournament. I dont have a wii.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
the way i already beat foxes is by outplaying them. I think shiel barley compares to fox. Also i cant get 20xx, all i could get is 20xxte from a friend at a tournament. I dont have a wii.
I mean if you don't want to learn the Sheik Fox match up that's totally up to you, just Falcon doesn't have a great match up against Fox and in my opinion dividing your time between two mains isn't really a great idea unless you are a top top player.

Top Bottom