• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are links to self-created merchandise permitted on this forum?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hear me out.I am working on a fighting game engine which is Smash based( physics,etc ),but it does not use actual Smash characters.I plan to charge money for it.Would linking this engine (it's page where you purchase it)be permitted?

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hear me out.I am working on a fighting game engine which is Smash based( physics,etc ),but it does not use actual Smash characters.I plan to charge money for it.Would linking this engine (it's page where you purchase it)be permitted?
This is something that you'd want to contact @ AlphaZealot AlphaZealot about. At a guess I'd say no, since you're wanting to charge for it, but ask him, see what he thinks.

Last edited:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Where would you want to post it?

What is the link?

Answer is probably no but we did allow Air Dash Online to have something running...but they didn't really charge.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Where would you want to post it?

What is the link?

Answer is probably no but we did allow Air Dash Online to have something running...but they didn't really charge.
Well,I am making it with GameMaker Studio( feel free to laugh ). Thus,the link would be to the engine's page in the Game Maker Market place on YoYo Games' website.This is a recently created addition to the YoYo Games website where you can post graphics,engines,sounds,etc,both free and charged.
Here is a link.

I would probably post the link in these forums,unless there is a better suited place.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The game does not exist yet/there is no site for it?

Also, could you elaborate on the goal of the thread?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Correct,it is a work in progress yet to be released.Once it is finished,I will put it up on the Marketplace as a merchandise piece.

The thread's goal would be advertisement,I admit, & feedback.Since this is a Smash community,I feel it would attract attention/buyers.I plan for this engine to be easy to use for anyone who knows basic-to-intermediate GameMaker usage.The engine will be Smash-based in mechanics,but if one were willing,they could edit it to be a Street Fighter engine also,or I may update it to include a Street Fighter based engine in addition.
The price for this engine would be around $5.00.
Keep in mind this is not a fighting game,but a fighting game engine.If any characters are included in the product,they would be my own,and would exist primarily for example of the engine's capabilities and workings.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ AlphaZealot AlphaZealot

Sorry to post here but its the perfect place to ask this. I am at the very beginning stages of making a wired wiimote and nunchuk gamecube adaptor. Where should I post a thread that asks for advice on creating said wired wiimote and adapter? Keep in mind I am mainly creating this for use in Smash tourneys. I will go ahead and thank you for answering this. Thank you.

Top Bottom