• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are CPUs Smarter in SSBU?

Scripture

Smash Rookie
It seems to me they are because I have a lot harder time beating a lvl 9 CPU in Ultimate than in Smash 4. In Smash 4, lvl 9s are pretty much just fast; they do a lot of stupid things, and one can just abuse their poor life choices to beat them. In Ultimate however, CPUs seem to almost think and try and predict your moves. Maybe I'm just seeing something that's not there, but I'm trying to figure out the difficulty jump that happened here. Are CPUs smarter in SSBU, or is it just me?

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
in smash ultimate, the reaction time, as well as prediction, are cranked way up for level 9s. they were implemented with the help of top melee players. that being said - they also play in a very odd and janky way (watching two level 9s fight will show you how), and they're prone to falling for very simple bait.

DarkRose492

Smash Rookie
As said above, I would still encourage working your way to fighting Lv9 CPU. Yea they read you better and are much smarter, but this helps you better learn for adaptability. Otherwise live players will pick you apart time and again.

Scripture

Smash Rookie
I don't know for sure about that. Maybe with there upgrades lvl 9s will prepare me for real players, but in previous editions of smash I found that they mostly just taught me bad habits. (Like randomly throwing out smash attacks hoping for a hit because CPUs approach at random and that worked against old 9s) and as said they play in a very janky way that isn't characteristic of most human players. I still practice against them because there is no local smash scene in my area, but I'm sceptical about CPUs' ability to help me get any better than I already am.

Veigar

Smash Rookie
No matter the smash game CPU's have a really bad case of just jumping into smash attacks. You can play ganon and just charge Fsmash and you hit at least 3/5 of them each time because the CPU's always jump into you.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
They’re like playing the most technical player in the world after they’ve been lobotomized.

Top Bottom