• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are charged Smashes stronger now?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
So I've been watching a bunch of streams of this game and while generally it seems like it's hard to kill, charged smashes seem to be able to kill really easily. Like sometimes smash attacks can't kill at 150% while charged smashes are killing at like 80%.

I don't have the game to test it but it would be interesting if someone could test to see how much charging smashes really increases the knockback of smash attacks now.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Well I don't know about 'stronger' than in past titles, as they've always been able to do that. If anything it seems like uncharged smashes are a lot weaker in some areas. Some of them are still as strong as they've always been (Marth's tippered Fsmash), while a lot of them have a really sharp curve on the charge/knockback. It's situational.

On the whole "difficulty of killing" thing though, It has more to do with stage selection, and a characters ability to pursue off stage. Even with Brawl-style airdodges, it's a lot safer to pursue than in the past, but for some reason lots of people are reluctant to chase guys off the stage right now. But I've seen Marth KO guys at around 70-80 percent fairly without a tremendous amount of difficulty.

Raijinken

Smash Master
While people are learning the mechanics, a lot of people are being really cautious. I do also feel like charged smashes are stronger, but like Gawain said, that may be a matter of the relative power of the uncharged form.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Keep in mind the 3ds stages could have larger blast zones, since the focus on play is "smash run" and items-on casual chaotic asplosions-everywhere play. Stage blast zones on wii u may be different.

I'm loving the big blast zones though, promotes offstage play which is the most exciting.

Top Bottom