• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ArcPoint's Wolf...in-person!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
FINALLY :O

brbwatchingvidsinsteadofstudying

K, watched them all. You definitely have more of a predicting game over a reacting game. I feel like reacting quicker would've saved you some damage/stocks and granted you some better punishing opportunities (in vid1, death by mortar/c4 and spotdodging after snake bairs your shield right before landing, just a few examples), but your prediction led to a lot of shielded jab > utilts and the like (very good thing). You scarred a bit unsafely as well (moreso in the beginning), I feel... and a lot of your grabs didn't connect, leaving you open for punishment (another part of what I feel is a result of emphasis on prediction). You seem to have a very strong inclination towards grabbing whenever possible, and while it's a good option it seemed a bit dominant. You might want to consider mixing it up more (for exaple, lots of bair > walk > grab, my thought is expecting a dash or dashattack, idk didn't seem as effective as it could've been to me but you used it a lot).

Vid 6, get *****.

Vid 1, first stock vs snake, you should've definitely waited around and grabbed him out of his upB. Definitely (same for beginning of vid 5, 2nd attempt). And then bair **** him offstage after he blows himself up ;) Seriously though, dair (especially at that low of a %) is far from the best idea... in vid 2 you took him from 34 to 102 by avoiding unnecessary dairs, that's the way you should almost always go. I like how you're playing overall besides that though, just gotta watch out for that nair, shine it or sdi it or something x_x Also, unexpected walljumps suck.

Good things: Nice application of usmash OoS overall ;D and also good job with dsmash, you seem to land it a lot more than I do... your punishing of landing lag at low %s got better throughout the games (especially landing bairs), and you're good with getting those dsmashes off of landings. You also learned from your mistakes throughout the matches, which is always a good thing (safer scarring, better landing punishes, etc). Honestly though, your snake friend needs better DI... he's falling straight into a charged dsmash and gets sent near horizontal, that should not be happening.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
That snake was lolzy. And Ish I hope I'm the first one to recieve a warning from you ^_^. I feel so honored.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Lolzy...I guess you could say that.

Before smash he played Street Fighter, and is currently a top player in the pokemon card game (D/P I think it is? [would probably explain the tag lol])

So yeah, he's smart...he just hasn't gotten used to every single Brawl mechanic there is.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Lol. Ish edited my post. Yay. He is abusing his powers. :D. And cool beans Arcy.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
@Ish.

Yeah, WiFi has affected my game a TON more than I had originally thought. All of my ledge punishes were early, before his invincibility ran out. Grabs were obviously a problem, I was misjudging a LOT for some reason (grabs in particular, but Fsmash, Dsmash, roll distances et cetera) And I could have done a ton of crap on reaction. Although, a lot of times I would try to PS stuff...and then fail lol. Ftilt was one of those things. I could never seem to PS it.

Also something that I think I either have never noticed, or it was just an old habit that resurfaced, but I spotdodged a TON when I was getting hit by jabs/ftilt/utilt. Overall, spotdodging that close is a horrible idea, and he ***** me for it. I dunno why that was so much of a habit, or why I couldn't stop it.

I dunno why I don't shine out of Nair, I was trying to in the match I got two stocked (hence down DI) it just doesn't occur to me to shine (I'm more inclined towards Up B for some reason [marth]).

Uhm...yeah, I definitely need to pay attention more. That was something I really felt that I needed to do better, was simply pay attention better. I was always talking during my match, explaining a few mechanics to him, or just laughing about inside jokes.

Top Bottom