• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ArcPoint's commentary matches. *new match added*

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yeah, I took a match, and then proceeded to commentate on it. The match goes so fast it's hard to commentate on each individual hit, I mean, dang. Crap happens so fast, your brain really does a lot in a very short amount of time in smash =) But yeah, it is WiFi, however the guy lives in NorCal, and he's like, an hour and a half away, so the input delay was minimal.

Castor should know who I'm playing =D And sorry I don't have any fancy recording equipment like Castor...but whatever >_> It works.

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qieliTunNh4

I know I suck, shut up.

Okey okey, I added a new one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK1t3iNYPK0

Moozle

Smash Champion
It's really strange hearing commentary from a personal view. Your wolf reminds me a lot of wario because you looked very quick in the air, unlike a lot of the wolfs that I've been fighting lately.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's really cool seeing Smash from an entirely different perspective, that's why I wanted to add mine up there and see what other people thought.

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
I approve of this commentary.

You did a good job explaining to us what you were thinking in a short period of time, bait setups and reading the opponent included. I learned a few things.

Question though. What do you think you did wrong in this match? It looks like you lost in the end because you couldn't hold the center stage; you kept going for it but the Snake kept reading correctly and pushing you back out.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
To SP's question:

There was a lot of things that lead me to lose that one... uhm, I got baited into trying to punish with Fsmash a lot, I think that was one of the big ones. In general it was those things that got me hit by his Ftilt, that is what makes or breaks a match, he can come back so fast, do so much damage with that. And yeah, stage control is a big thing, if he's pressuring you towards the ledge, it's hard to stop him, simply because he can cover so much stage area with Ftilt and Utilt. So yeah, being against the ledge against Snake = bad. So you kinda just gotta mix up how you get past him...sometimes you simply have to outsmart him and hit him back.

And lol @ being a Golf Commentator.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Why exactly would you think that you suck anyway?
I'm horrible. My spacing is crap, I can't read people, I'm too predictable, can't adapt, get baited a ton more than I should.

Lol yeah, Edo was able to consistently out-play me both in this match and the other I had with him, he's too good, really a smart player. His nade game is really good, he's really good at reading people, spacing, pressuring, all that crap. I mean, there was a noticeable skill difference, a gap I need to close =)

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
So you're not great in one aspect, so what? Work on it. Personally based on the technique level I would never say you suck. Anyone who would probably has no idea what they're talking about. Working on prediction and mixing up tactics is not easily learned, but you do not suck.

Honeythief

Smash Cadet
Naa you're good and there's still room for improvement, so better things are to come :) I enjoyed your commentary. I find these very interesting ^^

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Dude, I had NO IDEA that Wario could crawl, that was crazy.

That nair is really annoying, I agree. Dair isn't as safe as some make it out to be, although it works well on an ill-prepared opponent.

:059:

Top Bottom