• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Archive] Worst (Official) Anime/Cartoon dubbing

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have been meaning to make a thread like this for a while, but have only now gotten to it. To summarize I made this thread a while back. Effectively my goal here it to make an archive of the worst dubbing in entertainment (Mostly Anime) history similar to the previous ones goal of making bad video gaming voice acting/funny duologue. I would like to state however to not post fan dubs for now, I might allow that later, but for now I just wish to focus on the official dubs that where bad.

A
B

C
Capitan Harlock: An overly dramatic death.
Captain Harlock - I THINK IT'S A WOMAN!
Clannad Eng Dub - Bonjour
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z

Other
Top Ten WORST English Dubs of Anime: part 01

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
4Kids' One Piece dub is an essential for this list.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
when life gives you lemons, you make JELLY DOUGHNUTS

probably not the right place for this

best/worst is subjective except in extreme, extreme cases

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
when life gives you lemons, you make JELLY DOUGHNUTS

probably not the right place for this

best/worst is subjective except in extreme, extreme cases
I agree, but give me something you think is the worst or give some of those extreme cases.

4Kids' One Piece dub is an essential for this list.
Which episode would be the best example of why that dub is bad? (So I can add the aforementioned episode to the list.)

Clannad Dub
Kanon 2006 Dub
Which episodes would be the best example? (So I can add the aforementioned episodes to the list.)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i would say the clannad and kanon dubs are only awful in comparison to the japanese language eps (which are just overwhelmingly well casted)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yeah, I'd agree to that. The thing with those dubs is that they didn't stay true to the characters traits (Fuuko doesn't speak in 3rd person/Ayu's "Uguu" is less noticeable.) Also the fact that they "Americanized" their names, but that's somewhat understandable. I'll try to find something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgLv-Q9onXs - Ep 11

Also found this, most of the commentary is lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xr7-raYj1Y

Top Bottom