• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arcade Stickxx Presents: Mobile, Alabama Tournament RESULTS

Ruse

Fox
Brawl Singles
1: Ragnarock ($56.00) :metaknight:
2: M3troid ($16.00) :gw:
3: Holy Chef ($8.00) :popo:/:metaknight:
4: Ruse :rob:/:metaknight:
5: Uh Oh aka Benaji :ike:/:marth:
5: Mankosuki :rob:/:diddy:/:snake:
7: Ziggy
7: Ram
9: Pit Meister
9: Wulfy
9: Ryker
9: Sariku
13: Alias
13: Rashad
13: JT
13: Jerric

Melee Singles
1: Rice ($39.00)
2: Ragnarock ($15.00)
3: Drumma Boi ($6.00)
4: Ram
5: Rashad
5: JT
7: Ryker
7: Mankosuki
9: Ziggy
9: Sariku
9: Ruse
13: Anything

Brawl Doubles
1: Me + Holy (Manko + Holy) ($49.00)
2: Good G*d*mn M*therf*ckin' Sh*t (Ruse & Ragnarock) ($14.00)
3: Undefeated of the EAST!!! (Ram + Rice) ($7.00)
4: Natural Born KillaZ (Benji + Rashad)
5: Were-Watch (Wulfy + M32)
5: +Bird (Sariku + Ziggy)
7: Coca Cola (Ryker + Hose)

Melee Doubles
1: BURNING FUSSY PANDA FINGER (Drumma + Rice) ($28.00)
2: Shark Infested Waters (Rag + Ram) ($8.00)
3: +Bird (Sariku + Ziggy) ($4.00)
4: SSB BAD (Manko + Holy)

The pay-outs are a little off because of the venue fee, but whatever.

Help me out with people's characters.

Ruse

Fox
Shout-Outs:
1: Ragnarock - WTF @ top 2 in EVERY event? How did you win Brawl with just Fair? I'll have to kill him before he kills me.
2: M3troid - Get out of here.
3: HolyChef - I saw you crying on the floor. Don't worry, I cried, too.
4: Ruse - Learn how to play video games.
5: Uh Oh aka Benaji - See Ruse. Pick up a real character and then we'll talk.
5: Mankosuki - Good job in teams.
7: Ziggy - Who?
7: Ram - Thanks for entering Brawl, unlike some Melee-only jerkbags I know. How did you take a game off me with PT? I keep having nightmares about that set.

Melee Singles
1: Rice - No surprise here.
2: Ragnarock - This is how you **** Tally (and Mobile).
3: Drumma Boi - LITTLE B*TCH. Let's Smash soon. I'm going to use ball tickling Johns next time.

Brawl Doubles
1: Me + Holy - You better win the next Tally tourney :\. Tired of watching you guys get close. Your teamwork is off the chain.
2: Good G*d*mn M*therf*ckin' Sh*t - The name says it all.
3: Undefeated of the EAST!!! (Ram + Rice) - There's no wavedashing in this game. Sorry.

Fun tourney. Hold another one soon, and make the entry fee $10 for the love of everything that is good and pure in this world (like money).

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Ruse... I went Marth and you know that's what made me lose. That and Frigate and I sd'd. My Ike needs more practice is all. I'm NOT dropping Ike. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Ruse

Fox
Holy sh*t.

Yeah, imo it should be $5 door fee that goes to paying for the venue. Pizza was cool and all, but not worth that big of a cut.

/b*tching

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
ruse do you actually have to type out /b*tching or do you have it set to a hotkey since I assume you do that action a lot ;)

also none taken for the john's remark ;) I am the original John ;)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
the next tourney will be $10, we just tryed to get a big turnout and the door fee might be 5, but the next 1 is gonna be the last weekend in febuary or the first week in march.

rice

Smash Journeyman
yea.. i 26$ for first :|. Weird... because 2nd and 3rd places got the correct amount of money, but first place got owned of it...

benaji261!

Smash Ace
MM, Benaji :)?

<3 gay love.
Yea later. I played Ryo yesterday, probably the best Ike in FL. He said he think I'm the 2nd best in FL. :D

And his Ike can beat a slew of characters because of all the practice he gets playing people in Gainesville. He beat Masky(Wario main) in this past Gainesville tourney with grab release>ftilt upward, so Ike is pretty much the ****. XD I need to practice the MU for MK, Olimar, and others though. I'm not perfect, I just won't give up on Ike like you did with ROB, Ruse.

Get at me.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I just won't give up on Ike like you did with ROB, Ruse.
I'd say "Burn!" but I'm slowly dropping reducing my ROB usage as well.

Lower tiered characters are fun and all, but it's impossible to do well with them alone. Best it's good for is screwing people over when they don't have the match up experience vs lesser used characters. Unfortunately since you're new to the tourney scene, you also don't have the experience against the common characters that are inherently better than Ike. Not to mention hard counters like DBS using D3 to 3-stock without it being a main of his.

Hell, look at Ragnarok who can win a tournament with MK using almost entirely f-air and d-smash... when he doesn't even play Brawl.

tldr version: pick up some high tiered secondaries for counter picking.

benaji261!

Smash Ace

Lower tiered characters are fun and all, but it's impossible to do well with them alone. Best it's good for is screwing people over when they don't have the match up experience vs lesser used characters. Unfortunately since you're new to the tourney scene, you also don't have the experience against the common characters that are inherently better than Ike. Not to mention hard counters like DBS using D3 to 3-stock without it being a main of his.

Hell, look at Ragnarok who can win a tournament with MK using almost entirely f-air and d-smash... when he doesn't even play Brawl.

If it comes down to countering, I have my secondaries though up already, I'm just not dropping Ike is all. Secondaries being Marth/ROB.

Ruse

Fox
Yea later. I played Ryo yesterday, probably the best Ike in FL. He said he think I'm the 2nd best in FL. :D

And his Ike can beat a slew of characters because of all the practice he gets playing people in Gainesville. He beat Masky(Wario main) in this past Gainesville tourney with grab release>ftilt upward, so Ike is pretty much the ****. XD I need to practice the MU for MK, Olimar, and others though. I'm not perfect, I just won't give up on Ike like you did with ROB, Ruse.

Get at me.
Having the second best Ike in Florida means just as much as having the second best Bowser in Florida. Or the second best ROB, for that matter. I'm not going to argue about this anymore... I'll just Tornado you and laugh.

Oh, and for that ROB comment, Ike vs ROB $50 MM :)?

True.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Having the second best Ike in Florida means just as much as having the second best Bowser in Florida. Or the second best ROB, for that matter. I'm not going to argue about this anymore... I'll just Tornado you and laugh.

Oh, and for that ROB comment, Ike vs ROB $50 MM :)?
1) I don't have $50.
2) When I said I probably have the 2nd best Ike or whatever, it just means that shows I'm getting somewhere with Ike instead of sticking with wifi and getting no where. It's in no means a brag, but instead me myself seeing the improvement in this endeavor.
3) I can use Nair, Fair, Bair, Usmash, Fsmash, and other moves to get you out of tornado. You fought my Ike with MK at the tourney and you know your MK can't beat my Ike easily.
4) I'm not looking for an argument. I want you to have more faith in who I choose to be, and not who you think I should be.

Sariku

Smash Master
Okay, Ruse is bashing Ike players now. D:

Very fun tournament, glad I could be a part of it. I'm thinking that, since I'm bound to be up against Chef again, that I'll just use my main on him instead of trying to play with other characters. But then again, I don't think Sonic would put up much of a fight against Ice Climbers. Blehhh D:

Ruse

Fox
Okay, Ruse is bashing Ike players now. D:
I'm just not good at letting Benaji get the final word.

Very fun tournament, glad I could be a part of it. I'm thinking that, since I'm bound to be up against Chef again, that I'll just use my main on him instead of trying to play with other characters. But then again, I don't think Sonic would put up much of a fight against Ice Climbers. Blehhh D:
Who did you go?

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Good tourney fellas, im try n see can we have it sooner. When you guys would like the next one to be?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Good tourney fellas, im try n see can we have it sooner. When you guys would like the next one to be?
uuuuuuuuhmmmmmmmm... I guess January would have to do... unless you have it one of the two following Dec. weekends? Weekend afterwards is Winterfest... so idk

Top Bottom