• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [April 13, 2015] Monday Night Smash Series (New Orleans, LA)

black_ant

Smash Rookie
Every Monday night at Fulton Alley we're hosting a Smash Wii U tournament. It is FREE to enter! Bring your friends and let's SETTLE IT IN SMASH!

Casuals, newcomers, and hardcore smashers are all welcome. Come out and hone your skills. Did I mention there will be free food? The chef usually prepares a complimentary dish after the restaurant closes for the night.

WHEN: 10 pm, every Monday night (next event is on 4/13/2015)
WHERE: Fulton Alley, 600 Fulton St New Orleans LA 70130

Rules:
  • Double elimination bracket. Finalists of the winners and losers brackets compete for 1st and 2nd place overall
  • 3 stocks per match, 8 minute time limit
  • Best 2 out 3
  • Random Omega stages, although any stage is legal upon player agreement
  • If time runs out, the person with the highest number of stocks left wins. If the players have the same number of stocks when time runs out then the player with the lower % is awarded the victory. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage
  • If the match goes to sudden death due to a self-destruct move the player who initiated the move is awarded the win
Paid Tournaments:
This week we're going to introduce a paid competition as well. Entry fee will be $5. 100% of the entry fees will go into the prize pot which is split 60%-30%-10% for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places respectively. Rules will be same as above, excluding the stage choice. For this, we'll default to Evo 2015 stage rules. If fewer than 8 players sign up to participate, we'll do a round robin with winner taking all.

All brackets will be up on challonge for easy registration and viewing:
http://nosc.challonge.com/

Bring in your setup!

Last edited:

black_ant

Smash Rookie
If time allows, we'll also play around with doubles and custom matches. Doubles will most likely be played in a round robin format. Each team in the competition will play each other team. The team with the most victories will be declared the winner. I have a 3ds with every custom move unlocked, so some prebuilt custom characters will be available and you can create new ones if you have a specific preference.

Last edited:

BroTier

Smash Rookie
NNID
BroTier
ill be there... i see you mention a free meal should i still eat before and maybe even have something for after just in case?

black_ant

Smash Rookie
Eating before is a good idea. The one dish is shared with everyone, buffet style, so it can disappear pretty quickly. You'll certainly get a serving, but seconds are no guarantee.

captain clutch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch_Captain
3DS FC
4167-5308-5514
Could/should we bring a Wii U set of our own? And if we do could you possibly share some of the customs? :)

captain clutch

Smash Cadet
NNID
Clutch_Captain
3DS FC
4167-5308-5514
Will most likely be able to attend tonight. How late does this usually run? Might bring my younger brother.

black_ant

Smash Rookie
The tournament will end right around 1 am, depending on the number of participants. If you bring your setup though, we can use that and make things go faster. We continue playing until the venue closes at 3 am. How old is your brother? He has to be 18 or older to enter the venue.

BroTier

Smash Rookie
NNID
BroTier
i cant get enough of this event free food free entry free fun, im gonna have to change my name cause i cant hold back be nice nice when i get on the screen. still **** is so cash and cant wait for next week if i can even make it... till the next one gentlemen and good seeing you capt clutch.

Joldz

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna start going to this venue more often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom