• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apreciating the small things.

grizby2

Smash Lord
we're all interested in the big things: new characters, mechanics, music, stages, ect...

what small things do you hope to see, even if its personal?

like how when Mario jumps, you can hear the all famous "boing".

it can also be about the detail of a character model, such as links sword, or idle poses like sonis waving his finger at the screen.

it can be anything, name it.

grizby2

Smash Lord
things id like to see:
Mario eventually falling asleep from being idle too long.
the Critical hit/other PK moves sound effects applied to characters from the Mother series.
bowser having his Mario&luigi rpg series voice.
a reference to jigglypuffs permanent marker from the anime :troll:
the removal of DK's and Diddy's realistic ape-ish sounds (or do people like that? :urg:)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
a reference to jigglypuffs permanent marker from the anime :troll:
That's pretty good. Gets my vote. Just running around drawing on characters would be way better of a Final Smash than growing really big for a few seconds. Also, you may want to correct for a double post.

I really want the characters to go back to being toys/dolls instead of trophies. I want to see Master Hand pull them out of a box and bring them to life again. I'd like the old arcade and comic book sound and visual effects to come back as well.

I guess I'd like to see Ness make the peace sign and say "Fuzzy pickles!"

So far, I really like how they are doing the attack effects, it looks dope. When I Usmash with Fox I feel like im doing a flash kick. I really like how when someone goes flying they practically become a meteorite. Sound effects for the power shield sound nice too.

I want to see Mario with his goofy sounds like in Melee.
When Ness hits someone with his bat the words SMAAAASH pop up during hitstun.
If Mario gets enough coins with his Super Jump Punch the "1-UP" sound happens.
When Link fast falls with a Dair you see the wind distorting or see him turn into a fast falling ball of energy

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd like to see Diddy and DK given their DK 64 voices. I don't get why realism was the angle they went with. At least the DK64 fanservice was heavy in other aspects of Diddy.

Also, I'd love to see Luigi given his Poltergust in some fashion, even if it's just a taunt. (Why does he have the one where he falls over?)

I'm honestly not sure outside of that...

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
bowser having his Mario&luigi rpg series voice.
the removal of DK's and Diddy's realistic ape-ish sounds (or do people like that? :urg:)
I like Smash's interpretation of Donkey Kong and Bowser. Making every character an exact representative of a different game adaptation takes away some of the creative edge Smash excels at. I'm actually a little bitter about Bowser's new design, I much prefer his Melee form.

As for my input, I'm very happy Link is going to be left handed in SSB4. It's a character defining trait that previous games and teasers have neglected (due to technical aspects or otherwise).

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
When Ness hits someone with his bat the words SMAAAASH pop up during hitstun. If Mario gets enough coins with his Super Jump Punch the "1-UP" sound happens.
Pretty good, pretty good!

As far as the attack effects go, they're awful. They are too distracting, and too much of the effect shows up before the character even finishes the attack.

grizby2

Smash Lord
it sounds a bit nit-picky, buuuut... if a character talks during a victory pose, their mouths should have more than two-frame animations (snake and marth in brawl).

RODO

Smash Ace
I wish they'd give DK his DKC:TF look. I also hope that characters fur/clothing blows in the wind or something. Can't really think of anything else atm

grizby2

Smash Lord
all this talk about ness possibly being cut...bah!
he was SMAAAAASHING before all those other posers came along :cool:

I was also thinking about bowser's fire sounds from the older games might be nice. (I noticed they didn't use his fire breath in the trailer, heres hoping for a small fireball tap option~)

the sound Yoshi makes when he uses his tongue would be cool, though I cant really decide what game it should be from.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Shout SUPER SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS
in the opening...please?

I'm kinda conflicted on DK's voice. I mean the first game I ever played, Donkey Kong 64, had him talking, he talked in his TV show too right? But the roars from smash bros just seem so iconic to the series by this point and I've gotten used to them. I really hate the way he sounds in Punch Out, but most people dig the cartoony monkey ooh ooh ah ah noises.

Anyway gonna try and move the discussion away from voices and discuss some nitpicks I have with characters moves, I'd like it if Ness' PK Flash exploded on impact with walls, and DK's dash attack was a roll. It'd be cool if the Wii Fit Trainer got a german suplex for a throw.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
A small swordsman, like Young/Toon Link, Isaac, or Tetra.

In seriousness, I really hope we have more games like the hyrule jump, and gimmick pokemon in pokeballs like Goldeen/Wobbufett. And oh God, I love being able to kill Chansey, Marill, and Cyndaquil. <3 I wanna be able to kill a big pokemon too, though, like Snorlax.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
it sounds a bit nit-picky, buuuut... if a character talks during a victory pose, their mouths should have more than two-frame animations (snake and marth in brawl).
It's a tad annoying, but I think it's because it lines up well with the Japanese lines, and that it's just too much of a hassle to change it for all languages.

I seriously just want Fox's "HEEEYAAAH!" back when he does his up-B, "Fire!" just isn't funny in comparison. I'd also love for him to scream in agony like he did in Melee, absolutely hilarious.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see the air puff animation Kirby did in the classic NES/GB games when he interrupted his flight patterns.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd like to see the following changes:

- Change Ness' F-Smash's sound effect back to its Melee one, or make it similar to the SMAAAASH sound effect from EarthBound.

- Bowser should get his voice from Bowser's Inside Story. Maybe take a few taunts from that game as well.

- Make Wario taller than Mario, like in the Mario spin-offs. I never understood why he was shorter than Mario in Brawl.

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
I want Fox to sound like he did in melee. The guy sounded like he was choking on a fur-ball when he did his forward smash in Brawl.

Maybe a DLC costume with Mario without his hat?

Give Megaman a voice! I personally think they should've gone with the Megaman 8 design.

Kamiko

Smash Ace
I want Ganondorf to have his Wind Waker hair.

I wish Link's standing pose looked a little more battle ready.

I liked Kirby's fireball dash attack. That should return.

I miss Samus' old look already.

grizby2

Smash Lord
maybe they could add a respawn animation for each character instead of them just coming down from a random platform. though the platform seems to be in the game already..

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Mario should be able to crawl. He's been doing it since the N64 days. Also maybe some easter eggs with character interaction, much like the star animals mocking each other in the result screen. I would love to see Mario grab bowser by the tail when he grabs him from behind. Or maybe a special end result taunt from specific teams like DK and diddy when you win a team match with them. Things like this enrich the game years after the initial purchase.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Someone remind Ganondorf to bring his sword.

I also liked how Icies dont slip on ice type thing. Id like something like that for maybe other characters.

grizby2

Smash Lord
Mario should be able to crawl. He's been doing it since the N64 days.
yes, I always wondered....Mario cant crawl, but BOWSER can?! :facepalm:
im starting to think they should allow all characters to crawl and maybe wall jump, all characters should be able to do simple actions.
im not to sure if wall clinging should be implemented again, only four characters can do it (squirtle, sheik, lucario, and diddy), all of which have questionable return chances.

Morbi

Scavenger
1. Zelda needs her Skyward Sword redesign (This is actually the only one I care about).
2. A hype announcer. We need an announcer like Quan-Chi/Shao-Kahn or the Killer Instinct one. I mean seriously!
2. Luigi needs his Poltergust 3000. (Why doesn't he already have it?)
3. Ganondorf needs his sword. Maybe just a redesign would be fine.
4. Link needs his Ocarina of Time death and hit voice effects. I miss them.
5. I want everyone to have their own Break the Target maps again.
6. Interaction between the characters. Perhaps in their intros or outros? Or just rival interactions like between Wolf and Fox or Mario and Bowser.
7. Mewtwo needs his spoon (I lied. This is the most important)

Morbi

Scavenger
What was he actually saying during that throw anyway? It has always registered as "so long gay bowser" to me, even during my early years.
He says "so longey Bowser". It is a cutesy way of saying "so long Bowser". That was the most iconic line of Mario 64 to me. It is what I looked forward to when fighting each Bowser. Brings back so many memories.

Tybis

Smash Apprentice
What was he actually saying during that throw anyway? It has always registered as "so long gay bowser" to me, even during my early years.
So long-a Bowser?
So long King Bowser?

Those are the most popular and logical interpretations I think...

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
Classic anime style character design like the original for 3DS version would make more sense, not to mention:

* Every hidden/character/franchise needs atleast one hidden/stage and two characters from said franchise ie: Samus/Space Pirate or Chozo or Luminoth, Captain Falcon/Samurai Goroh or (literally any other character from f-zero) etc...

* Battle stances like in 64 select screen, (instead of bland pictures that are the same as the trophies)

* Doll/Toys and/or Trophy/Action figures could coexist!

* Melee Special Bonuses need a come back, (seriously they individually break down the way you fight, see Official Super Smash Bros Melee Nintendo players Guide.

* More intricate: character battle entrances, battle damage, idle animation, taunts, etc. ( it seemed to me that MegaMan showed off two different styles of side step dodging, back and forward in his original announcement video) SWEET!

* Instead of just mediocre color swaps, every character has his/her numerous different costumes/ styles over the years, why not implement them?

* Better and more clever use of Event Matches!

* Beautifully balanced atmospheric stages, with not too much chaos! New Battlefield/Final Destination are perfect examples.

-more to come, might as well make a separate thread, sorry guys I don't post much...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Mario should be able to crawl. He's been doing it since the N64 days. Also maybe some easter eggs with character interaction, much like the star animals mocking each other in the result screen. I would love to see Mario grab bowser by the tail when he grabs him from behind. Or maybe a special end result taunt from specific teams like DK and diddy when you win a team match with them. Things like this enrich the game years after the initial purchase.
Oh oh that reminds me, for some reason I mistakenly thought that there were special team taunts in Brawl if you had the right teammate and you both taunted next to each other, and when the game came out and they weren't there I was unjustly disappointed. They could be so cool! DK and Diddy could do their tag out clap. Peach could give Mario a kiss on the forehead. Kirby could try to mouth feed DDD and Metaknight. Mario could hop on Yoshi, do a pose, then hop off. Fox and Wolf could aim their guns at each other in a "we're on the same side, but I don't trust you" sort of way. Link and Sheik could do an ocarina/harp duet(wrong Link I know). Bowser and Ganandorf could have a team evil laugh. Megaman and Samus could pose back to back with their arm cannons out. Wii Fit trainer could just stare disapprovingly at Wario. I COULD GO ON ALL DAY!
The possibilities man, the possibilities!

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh oh that reminds me, for some reason I mistakenly thought that there were special team taunts in Brawl if you had the right teammate and you both taunted next to each other, and when the game came out and they weren't there I was unjustly disappointed. They could be so cool! DK and Diddy could do their tag out clap. Peach could give Mario a kiss on the forehead. Kirby could try to mouth feed DDD and Metaknight. Mario could hop on Yoshi, do a pose, then hop off. Fox and Wolf could aim their guns at each other in a "we're on the same side, but I don't trust you" sort of way. Link and Sheik could do an ocarina/harp duet(wrong Link I know). Bowser and Ganandorf could have a team evil laugh. Megaman and Samus could pose back to back with their arm cannons out. Wii Fit trainer could just stare disapprovingly at Wario. I COULD GO ON ALL DAY!
The possibilities man, the possibilities!
That Wii Fit Trainer and Wario one would have me rolling. If only there was a taunt for Link and Pikachu. That is the team I most commonly play with. Now you are making ME want team taunts. Damn it! :rotfl:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Just the prospect of kirby mouth feeding. He's already pretty vexatious during team matches as is (with him being able to steal his allies power and all). The taunt would just be icing. Of course I might just be saying this because when I play team matches I gravitate to being as much of a bother to my ally as I am to my opponent.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
  • Bowser to have many aspects from Bowser's Inside Story, especially voice. I loathed his more realistic approach in Brawl, especially the voice.
  • Animations on character select menu like SSB64.
  • Every character, or most, to have 1 different costume like Wario in Brawl. Really I felt this was a missed opportunity.
  • Everyone to have their own stage, at least one. Come on, who wouldn't love a Bowser's Castle or Ganondorf's Tower?
  • Dialouge at the results screen after playing a VS match, one character talking to another. Think of Fox/Falco/Wolf from Brawl. Everyone whose known to have a voice I'd love to have dialouge on the results screen.
  • Luigi to have moves or references of his Luigi Mansion games.
  • Jigglypuff to regain more of what she used to be in SSB64.
Yeah, some of these could be considered more then "small things" but this is what came to mind from the title and first post. Glad to see I'm not the only one on some of these also.

Top Bottom