• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 27, 2014] [SSBM] [PM] LADU 4 (Philadelphia, PA)

namlolman

Smash Rookie
Look At Dat Up-smash (LADU, formerly known as L@DU) 4 is here! The fourth in a series of tournaments hosted at the University of Pennsylvania, LADU 4 will have stomps, knees, gentlemen, and, of course, up-smashes.

Previous LADUs had such names as CT | EMP Mew2King, Cactuar, CT Xzax, CT Vex, Velocity, Metal Reeper, and even UltimaScout from DE. Unfortunately, even though Zhu is now in Philly, he's yet to make it out to a LADU. Probably still remembers the pain of getting wombo combo'ed...

Schedule:
Doors open: 1 PM
Melee Doubles: 1:30 PM
Melee Singles: 3:00 PM
Project M Singles: 5:30 PM
Event ends: 8:30 PM

Pre-register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gJZ-b6P3dkMKOa4AylAVYVqxbjYve7j1FTyP4UncUZY/viewform
Pre-registration is purely for seeding purposes. If you think you're good at the game and deserve a good seed, then pre-registering is in your best interests. I will be seeding the day of, but I will not be changing the bracket after it's been made to accommodate for people who are "really good".

Normal registration will be open until each event starts. If you're running late, text me and I'll register you.

NO VENUE FEE.
Both Melee and PM Singles are $5/person.
Melee Teams will be $10/team (or $5/person).
Bring a set-up and get your entry fee(s) waived! Please contact me about this or fill out the pre-registration form.

Payout will be approximately 60/30/10 for all events.

No alcohol or drugs at the venue/event. Be respectful of other people - if you are being disruptive to other players/the tournament then you may be asked to leave.
Apex rules will be used.

There will be a stream! Stream link will be posted here.

Questions? Concerns? Comments?
Feel free to text me (Kevin) at 267-539-6475.

Last edited:

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
how often do you guys run these? I'm coming home from school in Pittsburgh and would love to attend the next one after this.

Kelpo

Smash Rookie
I believe that LADU 5 won't happen until August/September.

namlolman

Smash Rookie
There will be friendlies. Sorry for lack of reply everyone! I don't check Smashboards often :/

Set-up includes TV.

LADU 5 won't be until the fall semester since I'm going home for break.

PM Singles sign-ups end at 5:30.

Stream: twitch.tv/namlolman
We may or may not have a second stream going on!

Last edited:
Top Bottom