• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Apr 18, 2015] Austin is Really Feeling It #4 (Smash 4 Monthly) (Austin, TX)

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol

Join us in the big Super Smash Bros. Austin tournament for the month of April!!!

DATE:
April 18th, 2015

2400 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78702

TIME INFO:
11:30am: Registration for all events starts (and ends 10 minutes before the event starts)
1:00pm: Smash 4 Doubles
4:00pm: Amiibo Tourney
4:00pm: Smash 4 Singles

ENTRY FEES:
Venue Fee: $5 (waived if you bring a setup!)
Singles: $5
Doubles: $5 ($10 per team)
Amiibo Tourney: $3

PAYOUTS:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

SETUPS:
Please bring setups! We want the tournaments to flow as smoothly as possible!
***Your venue fee will be waived if you bring a setup!!!***

RULES:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C8EWwLAU7p0szgSTeKjVZseRhNMIKR6BdauVHoVMlAg/edit

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/atxsmash4/profile

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/AustinSmash4/

What to do in Austin:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Austin/wiki/visitingaustin

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I think you meant six minutes in the singles ruleset. You have it set to two stocks / eight minutes.

:227:

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Awesome. Definitely hyped. By the way, will you guys have the stream setup again?

:227:
Yes, and I will get on the the dudes responsible for uploading matches to YouTube. That is one thing we have been slacking on and I apologize! Hope to see yall there :D (ps I am diggin the Skarmory)

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Can't wait! First tourney for Smash 4. Btw, will you have gamecube adapters there?
Every setup normally has a GC adapter, so no worries there. Just make sure you bring your own controller and keep it on your person at all times.

Last edited:

TanookiTail

Smash Rookie
Oh hey a few more things. Are minors allowed in because this is in a saloon. Also, can we play friendlies while we wait for our event? Thanks in advance.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Yeah they should be, there were kids at the last three monthlies so I don't see why not.

TanookiTail

Smash Rookie
Yeah they should be, there were kids at the last three monthlies so I don't see why not.
Ok thanks. So can we play friendlies while we wait for our event? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just don't know a whole lot about how these work.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
You can play friendlies before doubles starts and as each event is wrapped up, but in the midst of doubles/singles playing friendlies might be prohibited at the discretion of the TO.

Pilot0

Smash Rookie
NNID
poketroll94
Also, will their be setups for Mewtwo? Just wondering. :)

Stickerbrush

Smash Rookie
NNID
Scorpio
3DS FC
1650-3293-9258
I looked this place up on google maps, and it looked really shady and worn down. Is that the right address listed?

majekthesavage

Smash Rookie
Do yall host this tournament every month?because I won't be able to participate until June because that's when I get out of school

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Also, will their be setups for Mewtwo? Just wondering. :)
Yes, there will be setups with Mewtwo. Bring your A-game though if you're using him.

I looked this place up on google maps, and it looked really shady and worn down. Is that the right address listed?
It is shady as ****, but it looks much better on the inside. The only bad part is some stations have these uncomfortable wooden stools instead of chairs.

Also, don't park in front of the unmarked church (it's the white... uh.. house that looks like it's about to be painted). If you do, a bunch of cars will block you in when service starts.

Do yall host this tournament every month?because I won't be able to participate until June because that's when I get out of school
Yes, every month.

TanookiTail

Smash Rookie
So we're driving around at 2400 E Cesar Chavez and I'm not seeing a place called "The Warehouse". But there is a placed called The Warehouse at 509 E Ben Blvd. Is that the place?

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
So there aren't wooden stools anymore, making every station pretty comfortable. ARFI's venue is the best venue I've been to yet.

Great tournament as always. :reverse:

Top Bottom