• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Apr 11, 2015] Charged I: Melee & Project M (Charlotte, NC)

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Tournament organized by myself, Jordan Van Glish, and members of Providence Day School's Gaming Club.
To contact me: 980.355.4801 - Or message me here on Smashboards

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BE IN HIGH SCHOOL OR YOUNGER TO ATTEND (If you can pass as a high schooler, I will not question you)
PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!! PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!! PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!

Facebook Event Page

5800 Sardis Road
Charlotte, NC 28270
Tournament is in building 4 on the map above. Parking can be found all around the building. If you need help, please call me and I will send someone outside to help or give you instructions over the phone.

Schedule:
11:00am: Doors open, check-in a registration for all games begins
12:00pm: Melee singles registration ends, tournament begins
2:30pm: Project M singles registration ends, tournament begins if Melee is in Top 8/enough setups
5:00pm: Tournament Ends!

Events and Rules:

Melee Singles: Evo 2015 Rules

Project M Singles
Version 3.5
4 stocks, 8 minutes, best of 3 (Finals are best of 5)
Items off, input buffer off
Timeout - Winner determined by stocks->%->1 stock 3 minute match
No Giga Bowser

PM Stage Selection:
RPS to determine who goes first
1-2-1 striking
Starters: Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland
Counterpicks: Warioware, Final Destination, Norfair, Fountain of Dreams, Green Hill Zone
Winner bans 2 stages.

General Rules:
1. No unsportsmanlike conduct
2. No cursing/swearing
3. No illegal substances/alcohol
4. No spamming/stalling
5. No coaching AT ALL (even between games)
6. Respect the facility and equipment
7. All TOs decisions are final and must be followed. The TO reserves the right to eject a player from the tournament or venue without refund.

Fees/Payouts:
$5 event entry

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
payout subject to change if entry numbers are extremely high/low

Money rewards will be given in VISA giftcards equal to the amount of money you should have won in cash (can be spent anywhere that accepts debit/credit). School policy does not allow me to give back cash as a prize.

Stream:
Both brackets will be streamed by my new channel, twitch.tv/SubspaceSmash. Our quality is top notch!

Food Nearby:
Chick-Fil-A
Poppy's Bagels & More
Bojangles'

We hope to see you there!
P.S. Please bring setups

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Are you sure it is a good idea to do the whole money on a visa giftcard thing? If you get caught doing that you could be in trouble.. Also how will you be able to pay the winner the gift card the day of?

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Are you sure it is a good idea to do the whole money on a visa giftcard thing? If you get caught doing that you could be in trouble.. Also how will you be able to pay the winner the gift card the day of?
How could I get in trouble paying with gift cards? And I have chaperones leaving/going, they will pick up gift cards once I know exact number of entrants.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
How could I get in trouble paying with gift cards? And I have chaperones leaving/going, they will pick up gift cards once I know exact number of entrants.
Alright makes sense. Idk your school could be mad you found a loophole.
Pixel explained the money thing to me today so it makes sense. Might be able to go to this. Seems fun if people like stingers or tah wont be there to sweep the bracket

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Alright makes sense. Idk your school could be mad you found a loophole.
Pixel explained the money thing to me today so it makes sense. Might be able to go to this. Seems fun if people like stingers or tah wont be there to sweep the bracket
Doubt that will happen, but that's fun anyways. Hope to see you there.

xD4nish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-3782-0400
I'll be there Glish. Look for the guy in the epic shorts.
Edit: Question, is there a particular reason there will be no Smash 4 here?

Last edited:

xD4nish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-3782-0400
Perhaps, but the community is there. Could make for some more entrants/exposure, possibly more coin if some of the money goes to his club. The bulk of my crew plays Smash 4 the most, and would be more inclined to attend if it was offered.
Edit: my inner noob is showing, I forgot to hit reply.

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Perhaps, but the community is there. Could make for some more entrants/exposure, possibly more coin if some of the money goes to his club. The bulk of my crew plays Smash 4 the most, and would be more inclined to attend if it was offered.
Edit: my inner noob is showing, I forgot to hit reply.
There is no venue fee and all the money goes to the pot. Remeber that this is ran by the Providence Day Gaming club and they decide. If you are so inclined to have a sm4sh tourney host one yourself :) If not find a different tourney to attend

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
I'll be there Glish. Look for the guy in the epic shorts.
Edit: Question, is there a particular reason there will be no Smash 4 here?
Time and setups. Maybe next time, if it runs well. I want Smash 4, trust me.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Wrong, please don't answer for me. I prefer PM and Smash 4, but my school is more PM/Melee (and the smash community). I felt like Melee would attract more than Sm4sh
Remeber that this is ran by the Providence Day Gaming club and they decide. I said this in a quote

that was one of two theories. who do you even use in sm4sh anyways? I have never seen you enter a tourney for ir

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Remeber that this is ran by the Providence Day Gaming club and they decide. I said this in a quote

that was one of two theories. who do you even use in sm4sh anyways? I have never seen you enter a tourney for ir
I play Villager and Diddy. Waiting for the Mewtwo patch to get back into the game.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
This tournament WILL BE STREAMED!!!! :D :D :D

twitch.tv/subspacesmash

Stream will be live before bracket starts, probably around 11:30am

Top Bottom