• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approximate Release Date Theories.

muchomario

Smash Cadet
Okay, we all know that the game is set to release sometime in 2014. We also know that after Megaman, Villiger and Wii fit Trainer were released, Olimar and Luigi were released near their new game releases. If we look at the release dates, they fall under about a month apart from each other. And we know that there are 2 games being worked on, so we know it will take a while.

Heres the kicker though; and maybe I'm over complicating things, but if you go to the site there are 4 empty squares in the character roster. I'm thinking that they will release 4 more characters before giving out a release date, or put out a release date near the end of their character reveals.

Assuming this is the case, and each character is released each month, we can expect a release date around January of 2014. And seeing as nintendo likes to give themselves some elbow space and announce the games to come out in 4-5 months from the announcement, I'm going to say that Smash Bros. will come out around May or June.

This is just my theory, take it or leave it. I'd like to hear some more theories and hopefully we can narrow down a general time frame.
smash 4.png

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
There's a thread that talks about how the number of slots left on the site means nothing. You're expecting 18 starter characters (Luigi TBD) to be shown before a release date, and then 4-5 months to release. That would be kind of 2.5 years of development (It officially started when KI:U was done, KI:U was released in March 2012, therefore, SSB4 started development in January/February), that would be a good amount of time, but let's be honest. Most, if not all of the people here wish the game to be as complete as possible at release, if it were up to me, just in time for christmas or even December 31, as long as it's still 2014.
Seriously, I believe the game will be released somewhere near October. I'm not that far from your theory, but those 5-4 months would make a vast difference. Also, Nintendo's getting fond of releasing mayor games Q4, this year is a great example, lots of games are getting released in October and Novemeber.

muchomario

Smash Cadet
There's a thread that talks about how the number of slots left on the site means nothing. You're expecting 18 starter characters (Luigi TBD) to be shown before a release date, and then 4-5 months to release. That would be kind of 2.5 years of development (It officially started when KI:U was done, KI:U was released in March 2012, therefore, SSB4 started development in January/February), that would be a good amount of time, but let's be honest. Most, if not all of the people here wish the game to be as complete as possible at release, if it were up to me, just in time for christmas or even December 31, as long as it's still 2014.
Seriously, I believe the game will be released somewhere near October. I'm not that far from your theory, but those 5-4 months would make a vast difference. Also, Nintendo's getting fond of releasing mayor games Q4, this year is a great example, lots of games are getting released in October and Novemeber.

Can I get a link to that thread? I'd like to read up on that. Also, I agree with you that I'd also be happy if it just barely made dec 31st. The more I think about it, the more I agree that It will probably be released near October.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
But...but... So many people were saying it would come during the summer, I don't want to wait over a year :(

Oh well, the finished product is probably worth it

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I wouldn't really mind if it came out that long. I have multiple games for the 3DS to keep me busy, and other games that haven't came out yet (looks at Pokemon X and Sonic Lost Worlds).

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
100% it's being released in the fall of 2014.
Mario Kart will tide fans over during the summer.

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Can I get a link to that thread? I'd like to read up on that. Also, I agree with you that I'd also be happy if it just barely made dec 31st. The more I think about it, the more I agree that It will probably be released near October.
Here it is: http://smashboards.com/threads/45-or-54-thats-how-many-characters-we-are-getting.339508/

But...but... So many people were saying it would come during the summer, I don't want to wait over a year :(

Oh well, the finished product is probably worth it
Like hell I'm waitin til next summer.

It's not that bad if you think about it. I know Sakurai has already stated that patches might come along the game, and those patches could improve the game even after it's release, but the better the game at release, a better experience out of the box. Hey, if they can make a good quality game by July, fine by me, but if some months can make the difference between a good quality game and a great quality game, that'd be perfect, those months would be worth the wait.

Top Bottom