• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
So how do you ladies and gents approach? If my oppenent is too close for me to dash into a short hopped thunder jolt then i usualy dont approach at all.. Instead i'll wavedash and dash dance all over the place with occasional empty short hops till I find a opening. Im pretty afriad of rushing in with ariels cuz of lack of range unless I have a thunder jolt backing me up. Any ideas of yur own approaches would be nice, Thx ahead.

Zlot

Smash Rookie
if i put them on the defensive with thunderbolts and they get too close, i would do a reverse hop thunderbolts just like how falco does the RSHL. other than that it really depends on the situation because they can attack through the bolts so i like to dash dance and transfer wavedashes.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
I started approaching with the Bair, weather its good or not its fun, lmao. Err yea, its fun to Bair through their shields then start Utilting and Uairing. If this approach suks plz tell me cuz I dont wanna get owned, lmao. (I do this with the aid of bolt most of the time tho..)

N64

Smash Champion
bair approach is situational, but it can be good against tall characters that like to shieldgrab. There are a few frames in the bair landing animation where pika is shorter than a lot of chars' grabs, so you can make them biff a shieldgrab then punish them for it.

But i dunno, i'm a fan of jolt approach and nair too. Mix it up.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I Pika's b-air "The Flapjack" : D

I try to mix up my approaches between n-airs, f-airs, and empty short hops to wavedash back.

Jolts are there too.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
bair approach is situational, but it can be good against tall characters that like to shieldgrab. There are a few frames in the bair landing animation where pika is shorter than a lot of chars' grabs, so you can make them biff a shieldgrab then punish them for it.
Kool Kool, nice to know.

Top Bottom