• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching using SHAD

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
I, myself, am a Kirby mainer, but I enjoy playing as Link and finding tactics and techniques he can use. Since I like to use Link a lot, I noticed that his projectile game is great. The disadvantage is his projectiles' strength, because none of them are strong enough to KO (at least at low damage). This lack in strenght forces you to approach for the KO. Unfortunately, unless you approach really well, you will probably be forced into combos or kept away by strong moves. But if you SHAD (Short Hop Air Dodge), then you will avoid both possibilities, putting you at the advantage.

After reading about a technique called SHAD, I applied it to Link. This technique is great for approaching, therefore solving the problem of KOing. This tactic is also capable of catching your opponent off guard, so you can use a ground move for the KO.

The technique is very simple to pull off. All that you need to do is get closer to the opponent, short hop, air dodge, and follow up with a tilt or smash (tilts are easier to pull off but weaker, and smashes are more difficult to do but more rewarding).

The attack I use is dependent on the opponent's %. If they are at a lower %, then I prefer to use the neutral A, F-tlt, or D-tlt. If they are at a higher %, the I prefer to use the neutral A or F-smash.

SHADing is a good technique to KO with Link, but can be punished if the opponent is expecting it. It should mainly be used to approach safely to get the KO. Overall, it is a good technique if your opponent isn't expecting it.

Comments are appreaciated.

Thread about SHAD: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187054

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I think that your last 6 words pretty much summed up everything about this.

"If your opponent isn't expecting it."

It could be ultilized I guess... I might try it sometime. But it sounds like a longshot. o_o

Top Bottom