• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching-Short Hop Question

roygbiv91

Smash Cadet
Usually i approach with zss by using sh nair fast fall or i'm covering options with sh zair ff. My friend says that short hop fast fall increases here landing lag a lot and it isn't that useful. Is that actually true and does it it also apply to other characters?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
SHFF is just a combination of a smaller jump and faster falling speed and, unless you perform an aerial during the SHFF, you should have no landing lag.

If you perform an aerial during the SHFF, you may suffer ending laf, put that's normal, as it is the ending lag from the aerial, which isn't affected by the SHFF in any way.

Your friend is wrong, although I can understand why he thinks that way.

Last edited:

Lus146

Smash Cadet
I don't like to short hop too much on ZSS personally. I like to get into the air just to try and get them up and then I try to bair or nair depending on where they are. Instead of actually approaching them fast, I prefer to kinda bait them into the air or just air dodge if they try to attack me from the ground

Top Bottom