• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Options....

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Hello fellow Ike mains, I've been recently getting the hang of Smash 3DS finally but I'm still having a really hard time against approaching characters with projectiles (especially campy ones :mad:) any advice for getting in on characters like Samus, Duck Hunt, Link etc.?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Use your aerials to keep projectiles off you. Power shielding them also works, you want to get in and keep them in. For approaching I recommend either trying to get a grab or go for a spaced SH aerial, Ike has pretty good options out of a SH and Nair doesn't have much landing lag so it isn't punishable. Spaced FAir is safe on block as well so you can space out DHD and Samus with it because of Ragnell. For DHD I recommend swatting the can away and try to land it on his lap, it'll blow up in his face. Clay Pigeon should be hit before it explodes or it'll hit your shield. Watch out for DHD's hitboxes, they are weird so you have to get used to them. Just space out aerials and remove their projectiles, like you would in P:M. Ike doesn't have many options against projectile heavy characters so you have to be patient without taking too much free damage.

Paperplates

Smash Rookie
I've had some success with short hop into :GCR::GCB: Charge the attack while you are in the air. Don't use it ALL the time. But it can be a useful approaching tool in some situations

Top Bottom