• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Options

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the tips, guys. There is another tournament tonight and then same Ivy will be there. I will make an effort to play him and record the match for you guys.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I see you went for that 'Rambo' at 1:32:08. ;)

Also, I noticed that a lot of Snakes (including myself) like to fsmash when they see the opponent trying to get off the ledge. I'm guessing this is because of how much range it covers, how fast it is, how well it can damage/poke shields, and the lenience in execution of the 3rd hit.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Rambo edgeguards are the best! ;)

Also I agree, his fsmash is super good near the edge imo because of the Brawl shield kb mechanics.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq9StCoEpkk

There is the link to our 20 stock match. I did a lot better this time around, but still made huge mistakes all over the place.

F Smash is amazing, and a great approaching option against Ivy.

The Nikita also was very effective, need more of that.

Recovering with a dropped mine to air dodge works pretty well. I missed a lot of chances for that.

Nair worked, I wonder if it is better to hit with the first two hits and land behind Ivysaur to avoid a grab. Perhaps Cypher would be a good option after you land behind Ivysaur.

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
I personally hate fighting ivy.. ughh. its easy to ftilt her leaves but with the different speeds and the old leaf into nair crapola, I really despise that combo btw, its hard to get in close. Im not a defensive player but I obviously use snakes weapons to force a mistake. Even though I still find myself getting smacked by a vine or shielding a leaf. Ivy is probably the most annoying character I have ever fought

WizKid911

Smash Journeyman
Well i tried posting a touching message about how i hate ivy but apparently i didnt hit post before i left the page. Oh well. Anyway i can tilt a cpu ivy's leaves but with the different speeds that a human can input. And i really... really hate the leaf into nair combo is stupid. Ivy is my most despised MU. I would argue that she is the cheapest in the game, but my friends think snake is cheaper so idk

Top Bottom