• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching marth on the ledge

Chrono Reyer

Smash Cadet
Hi, was looking to find a comprehensive list or guide about approaching marth on the Ledge and couldn’t really find much so I figured I would make a thread.

I have been playing melee and teaching my friend to play for a while now, and usually whenever he has a question I just look up the answer, learn it, then teach him. I play marth/falco, he plays shiek. Lately he has expressed frustration trying to approach marth when marth is stalling on the ledge, and I don’t have the hard answers for him on all of Marth’s options.

When I am on the ledge, I usually mixup between:
>planking
>fade back dj fair ledge regrab
>fastfall upB sweetspot
>wave dash on to stage then grab or roll
>roll from ledge

As a shiek player, what are the options you would use to cover these? Hard bait on a specific one, or any general option to cover multiple. Particularly planking, because what he does now is run off dj bair back toward the stage and I know that isn’t a very good option.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Calacatchy

Smash Rookie
Needles?
Hi, was looking to find a comprehensive list or guide about approaching marth on the Ledge and couldn’t really find much so I figured I would make a thread.

I have been playing melee and teaching my friend to play for a while now, and usually whenever he has a question I just look up the answer, learn it, then teach him. I play marth/falco, he plays shiek. Lately he has expressed frustration trying to approach marth when marth is stalling on the ledge, and I don’t have the hard answers for him on all of Marth’s options.

When I am on the ledge, I usually mixup between:
>planking
>fade back dj fair ledge regrab
>fastfall upB sweetspot
>wave dash on to stage then grab or roll
>roll from ledge

As a shiek player, what are the options you would use to cover these? Hard bait on a specific one, or any general option to cover multiple. Particularly planking, because what he does now is run off dj bair back toward the stage and I know that isn’t a very good option.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
needles?

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
Casual or a tournament? If you're ahead a stock you can win on time. In a no limit four stock casual game then I've done well against all characters. They were on the edge and I've down sidestep down A. Marth moves commit him more than Shiek's imo. I believe Down A might have more priority though a less risky way is to store needles. Characters with projectiles force Marth to come to them.

aujory

Smash Rookie
you can try to be on the platform and just respect marths range

Top Bottom