• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching Effectively

cparks1000000

Smash Rookie
So, I've been playing Wario a while, but as I play better people, I am noticing that my approach isn't working. Besides mixing up options such as -- fair, nair, dair, dash attack, and uair -- is there any way to approach? The problem I have is mainly against players who like to sit under a low platform and spam projectiles. I can't easily approach from the ground. Is there any way that anyone has found to deal with such things?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
SB crouch isn't in the game anymore. Only 1st hit nair eats through projectiles, but it is your best option against projectiles usually. There are different ways to approach depending on the matchup. Try looking for advice in the match up thread.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
What ORLy said. Wario is one of those characters where his gameplan can change a lot depending on match up.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
To add to that, if you're having trouble with projectiles, you might want to practice power shielding. It's a pretty useful skill to have, especially when dealing with projectiles.

Angry Squirrel

Smash Rookie
There is no easy way to practice powershielding other than with a friend to throw projectiles at you... is there?

Last edited:
Top Bottom