• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching a spam-happy Pit?

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
See title.

How does one achieve this? I can get to the fairy, but I always eat at least one of his phallic projectiles. My only real trick is that once I get to him, since I'm usually approaching in the air, I jump over him and pull out a naner, hoping to zone him. Then if he moves to attack while I'm falling, usually a bair, <B, or (uber rarely) ^B.

There has to be another way!!!!

Share please!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Right when the match starts, crouch, he will shoot a couple of arrows most likely before actually shooting them down, and even when they switch to aiming arrows down they probably will still miss a couple of times. This is when i either crouch walk a little til im there and side b them, or while ducking throw some banans out and grab, jump, and throw

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
If nothing else, when I deal with spammers I'll side-b kick followed by a down smash. The side-b kick usually will eat through the projectiles and then hit the opposing player. This helps me against pikmin but I'm not sure if the kick will help against arrows.

Psyche131

Smash Rookie
Spammers are definatly some of the most annoying matchups for diddy. My general strategy is stay close, you can interupt his arrows and he cant arrow blitz or chase as well, but a rule of thumb, if you use bananas and keep him on the ground, he cant shoot arrows!:chuckle:

Fatalities

Smash Cadet
yeah the best approach would be to crouch crawl towards your opponent untill your in range to monkey flip kick them (Side B) Make sure to keep your offense strong, so they wont have to to stop, and spam.

EVERYONE CLICK THIS LINK AND CHECK OUT MY DIDDY KONG CHARACTER PLAYING GUIDE. HAS SOME TIPS ON HOW TO BEAT SPAMMERS LIKE PIT, AND THE TRI FORCE

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168711

Leave some feedback on it as well, and any questions you may have about Diddy Kong

Top Bottom