• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** approach

j3ly

Smash Champion
So i've been caping onstage alot.. and i'll try to embed a video on this thread as we are recording tonight.

Sh -> cape -> FF DAIR :)

you only want the floor hitbox. the cape basically has the highest priority in the game (beats a sword on fire if spaced) but the range isn't too great and its difficult to space with as it gives you vertical height.

However, SH caping turns ur opponent around and confuses them, along with 8-11%. they will not have time to react to dairs floor hitbox, especially if you FF frame perfect. if they CC the floor hit, they are knocked too far away to hit you (even samus) and will probably whiff a smash right in front of you. if they do not CC it, it combo's directly into a grab on any character at any % as the knockback is set.

if you don't feel to grab, you are in a perfect position to gap space em, especially if their back is very close to the edge. DD out of their range and wait for them to do something you know you can punish :)

an alternative option between roughly 20-40% opponent dependent, is reverse soft bair. that will go into a grab or setup some uairs / late uair -> fair -> dsmash

PICTURE THIS COMBO

cape -> dair floor hitbox -> reverse soft bair -> uair (they miss tech) -> dair floor hitbox -> uthrow -> WD fsmash

now perform it

ps - i like to use dair floor hitbox to extend uair blind - if they miss a tech, dair floor hitbox makes them pop back up perfect grab range

a rookie

Smash Ace
Yeah, I actually found a legitimate cape shield pressure game. From platforms, or you have to use the gimpy cape(no lift-off). I'll explain later though (:

j3ly

Smash Champion
lol is it walk off platform -> cape -> late uair -> jab/grab/bait/retreating nair/pivot bair waveland (all the options lol)

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I also see it works with sh -> cape -> uair

unless I'm not fully understanding the concept

otherwise good stuff j3ly

I see you've been experimenting with onstage cape a lot more since our discussion in the FAQ

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
what!!!!!!!!!!!! im so manly i would fight chuck norris knowing that i would die before i got in the rooms with him...........I do work son

Britex

Smash Apprentice
By the floor hitbox, you're referring to the little shockwave dair does when you ff it into the ground right? Wouldn't d-smash work instead of grab?

a rookie

Smash Ace
So i've been caping onstage alot.. and i'll try to embed a video on this thread as we are recording tonight.

Sh -> cape -> FF DAIR :)

you only want the floor hitbox. the cape basically has the highest priority in the game (beats a sword on fire if spaced) but the range isn't too great and its difficult to space with as it gives you vertical height.

However, SH caping turns ur opponent around and confuses them, along with 8-11%. they will not have time to react to dairs floor hitbox, especially if you FF frame perfect. if they CC the floor hit, they are knocked too far away to hit you (even samus) and will probably whiff a smash right in front of you. if they do not CC it, it combo's directly into a grab on any character at any % as the knockback is set.

if you don't feel to grab, you are in a perfect position to gap space em, especially if their back is very close to the edge. DD out of their range and wait for them to do something you know you can punish :)

an alternative option between roughly 20-40% opponent dependent, is reverse soft bair. that will go into a grab or setup some uairs / late uair -> fair -> dsmash

PICTURE THIS COMBO

cape -> dair floor hitbox -> reverse soft bair -> uair (they miss tech) -> dair floor hitbox -> uthrow -> WD fsmash

now perform it

ps - i like to use dair floor hitbox to extend uair blind - if they miss a tech, dair floor hitbox makes them pop back up perfect grab range

You never posted a video! Lol. I'll have to look into this. I forgot what it looks like to hit a missed tech w/ a dair(floor hitbox only). I wonder where they are after hitting them. I'm gonna check this out later this week/weekend.

Top Bottom