• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approach options as Roy?

wongtong

Smash Rookie
My biggest problem in my game is my approaching. I often find myself approaching with F-air almost subconsciously. I know that it is a bad habit but i'm struggling to break it up. My game is predictable and if I can mix up my approaches i'll drastically improve. What are some good, safe approach options as roy?

Azureflames

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0132-7109-3630
When it comes to approaching unsafely with SHFFL Fairs or something on shield you there's no secret trick for the mental side. I've seen people ask how to get over that kind of thing when it really comes down to mental reminders and determination. To answer your question though, you need to limit yourself from these approaches so you can explore other options. So, force yourself to avoid using Fair as much as an approach and make it more of a swatting/spacing tool. When you are thinking to yourself that you want to approach try to only consider the option of dash into Dtilt poke, wavedash>Dtilt, or dash dance grabbing. This practice will also open up your game to a more fundamental playstyle and teach tech chasing/followups as well as thinking more based on reads rather than reaction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom