• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

approach like a melee D.K. and Jiggs

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I hope this is a good approach from what I've studied, watched, and understand about the game physics.

I believe that G&W bair is his best approach. Why? here are some very good reasons

1. Shield stab- this move has multiple hits and massive power which means that the odds of shield stab/shield break are very high

2. massive power- if your opponent is hit with all of there it will rack up some major danger

3. combos- one of the few hits that can be fallowed up by another move. one of the best advantages in this game in my opinion.

4. non kill ability- I believe that this is an advantage because of the decrease kill ability of spamed moves. since this is not a kill move you can spam this move all you want, and so you can use the fair and dair to their true killing potential when you know it'll hit.

5. ITS A ****ing BITING TURTLE!!!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, sounds about right to me. =)

You'll also want to use the N-air, because the fish bite all around him multiple times.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
bair is probably his best approach but unlike melee DK you dont always strive to be facing backwards -- G&W still has his same old approach from melee except his fair can't be l cancelled now. g&w's approaches in this game are pretty great.

a way around it is to get above it so that way g&w can only uair or nair. uair even if you dont hit is hella good cause you can keep them up there until you want them to come down. EG toon link tries to dair you in the face but you keep him held up till the attacks almost over then jump up and combo.

nair comes out almost instantly unlike the old parachute and if you connect with last hit, it hits them up higher so you can fall and uair them some more until you're at a good position. again.

dair is so amazing, the fact it still does the grounded hit is so good cause even if your opponent sees your dair coming there isn't a lot of options he can do to get around it. if you're both shielding or something you can hit up on control stick and down on c stick to insta-dair and it will hit twice on their shield, which has a chance of stabbing through it and even if they stay shielding you can sorta control where the dair goes so you can get out of there before they grab, plus the grounded hit usually causes enough shieldstun to keep them busy while you make a sweet getaway

I feel g&w has some great potential in brawl and I look forward to playing him more.

Top Bottom