• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

applications of boost pivoting with diddy

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
so i was recently playing around with the only most awesome mono (monkey in spanish) and found out that boost pivoting is accually a fairly good tactic with him and can do much for switching it up
(i dont like to use the word mindgames because with the way people regard it it doesnt have the same meaning as in mellee)

ill be recording a video with some of the stuff that i found out and how BPG is usefull with diddy

i would just like to mention this before other people try to clown me or something

boost pivoting is only useful in the begining frames of a dash i dont know how many people know this but if ur in a full dash pwg work just as good as a boost pivot would so boosting would have no use
with that being said u cant however pwg with the initial frames of a dash so this is were the boos pivot comes in handy

im gonna start working on the vdeos now and it really shouldnt take to long for me to make and upload if it does however take more then 2 days i would like u to be like HEY MIIND HOW ABOUT THEM VIDEOS KKTHX lol i dunno do let me get lazy

DFEAR

Smash Hero
p1 is just major lolz.

anyway at the boosted pivot grab tech. i dont seem to slide as much as i would imagine i would? dunno perhaps im not doing it right since i get only a millimeter on the screen from the slide and it usually looks like im just doing a normal pivot grab. let me get back to u with this >_<

edit:

okay this time i did it in training and started from one point in final d and ran across to the other side and did see a big change in grabbing range. it provides for some good banana setups if u have a banana to close to the edge or would like the opponent to rack up some more dmg before effing his stock up xD.

CrAzYdRuNk

Smash Cadet
I don't see how boost pivot grabbing makes it much different than just grabbing, at least from grabbing out of a banana trip.

Care to elaborate?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I don't see how boost pivot grabbing makes it much different than just grabbing, at least from grabbing out of a banana trip.

Care to elaborate?
You slide a good distance while pivot grabbing, enabling you to move an opponent out of a position they find advantageous or to move them closer to the ledge where you then throw them off. Also, the pivot grab range is larger (?) than a normal grab's range, which is advantageous all by itself.

Rofl, I was minutes away from making this thread before I saw that you already did ><

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
lol yea well i cant find bateries if i dont find them by tonight i will just type up all the stuff for people to try for them selves

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
o ef i cant find any for my stupid camera well and seeing as someone didnt use the search feature i think that i will just post the stuff in his post someone can lock this up if they like thank

T_E_S

Smash Rookie
p1 is just major lolz.

anyway at the boosted pivot grab tech. i dont seem to slide as much as i would imagine i would? dunno perhaps im not doing it right since i get only a millimeter on the screen from the slide and it usually looks like im just doing a normal pivot grab. let me get back to u with this >_<

edit:

okay this time i did it in training and started from one point in final d and ran across to the other side and did see a big change in grabbing range. it provides for some good banana setups if u have a banana to close to the edge or would like the opponent to rack up some more dmg before effing his stock up xD.

i DONT LIKE YOU

Top Bottom