• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, this is becoming a bit of a thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Not gonna happen. Thank goodness.

Seriously, if we couldn't get Reggie, Iwata, or Sakurai, what on earth makes internet people think we'd get Britney Spears?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Can you believe we have come to a moment in the Ballot where you see a "character" like this and say.

"Id rather have Steve from Minecraft"
"Id rather have Shrek"
"Id rather have Goku"
"Id rather have John Cena"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can you believe we have come to a moment in the Ballot where you see a "character" like this and say.

"Id rather have Steve from Minecraft"
"Id rather have Shrek"
"Id rather have Goku"
"Id rather have John Cena"
Steve from Minecraft would actually be a legitimately good addition.

People go on about how Shantae and Shovel Knight should get in based on being "MUH HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT INDIES" but there is no greater indie success story than Minecraft.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Britney Spears? It couldn't at least be a relevant musician?
But no, this isn't happening. No way, no how. SpongeBob has a better chance than she does.

D

Deleted member

It's not going to happen. She's even less likely than Goku.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Yeah, I'm pretty sure at least 99% of her "support" is just doing it for a laugh. And besides, nothing preventing her actual fans from just making a Mii Fighter of her.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
this is the most ******** thing i have ever seen. just the fact it is even a movement at all albeit a minor trollish one is just ugh.. apallingly stupid. what's even dumber though is that this is considered "news" now.

Still a less ridiculous choice than reckless safety guy.

Also someone JUST made a thread for this (which was locked) like 2 days ago. The joke has stopped being funny.

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
She would become my new main.

I can just Imagine her booty popping ZSS off the stage, then taunting "ooops I did it again". :awesome:

We have princesses in smash so why not a queen :troll:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
And here’s the great news: Britney actually is a character from a video game. Don’t you remember playing the iconic “Britney’s Dance Beat” for Playstation 2 in 2001?
Fail. Britney may have featured in a game but the article is completely wrong if it thinks she's from one. Britney has as much chance as James Bond or the guy from Avatar. Probably even lass than the former, considering people actually cared about his games.

D

Deleted member

I would prefer Michael Jackson myself. (with Mecha Jackson final smash included)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I am being completely serious when I say that I would not be surprised if she had the most votes on the ballot.

Not saying she'd ever get into the game, but I would not be surprised if she had the most votes, genuine or otherwise. This is already the biggest clear sample size I have seen for a single character, by a HUGE margin.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They should move Ridely from Pyrosphere, and make him the stage boss of The Great Cave Offensive.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't understand why people would even want some American known for her singing to be in a game made by people in Japan. I don't see how Nintendo would even care that much of her to add her in. Is there something I am missing? Plus, just because she was in a game doesn't mean she is qualified to be in Smash. What are these people thinking?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't understand why people would even want some American known for her singing to be in a game made by people in Japan. I don't see how Nintendo would even care that much of her to add her in. Is there something I am missing? Plus, just because she was in a game doesn't mean she is qualified to be in Smash. What are these people thinking?
Banjo appears to be the current favourite for new 3rd party and he's british. Nationality doesn't matter and japan are actually very fond of their music games. Being a real person and not originating from a game are the things that really rule Britney out.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Banjo appears to be the current favourite for new 3rd party and he's british. Nationality doesn't matter and japan are actually very fond of their music games. Being a real person and not originating from a game are the things that really rule Britney out.
Thanks for the info, but I must say that even so, Banjo is a video game character, not Britney. I can imagine the Japanese wanting Banjo, honestly, but I have no idea how many Japanese care for Britney's music. Can you enlighten me on that?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GUYS

SERIOUSLY

WE DON'T NEED TO SINCERELY AND UNIRONICALLY SPECULATE ON BRITNEY SPEARS

I posted this here because I thought it was funny and would lighten the mood as I normally don't like these boards that much as they are too deadpan and a lot of stupid arguments and over-analyses happen. Don't let that happen here.

Just laugh at the idea of Britney in Smash.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
GUYS

SERIOUSLY

WE DON'T NEED TO SINCERELY AND UNIRONICALLY SPECULATE ON BRITNEY SPEARS

I posted this here because I thought it was funny and would lighten the mood as I normally don't like these boards that much as they are too deadpan and a lot of stupid arguments and over-analyses happen. Don't let that happen here.

Just laugh at the idea of Britney in Smash.
Believe me, I am already laughing at the idea.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Pop music is overrated so I can understand why there are people who have no idea who she is.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I think this guy would be more likely than John Cena

You know what one of his taunts would be? "Woooooooooo"

D

Deleted member

people think it's funny to vote for the impossible but it's not it was never funny, in fact all these people are most likely little kids laughing like a baby who saw a clown slip on a banana peel in his little cartoon, it just makes me shake my head in disappointment, if aliens are real the whole reason we never see them is because your bad humor scares them off, if you think it's funny you should try your telling friends what you did if they don't like it you may finally realize how unfunny you really are, i keep seeing these request everywhere and i'm getting sick of it, if you are trying to be funny then learn some humor, however if your goal is to annoy people then stop, no one likes hearing a annoying brat talk about how cool it would be to have a dumb character in smash. i'm sorry if i offended someone who has nothing to do with this but if you happen to be that someone who likes asking about unreasonable things please get off the internet and don't come back.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
people think it's funny to vote for the impossible but it's not it was never funny, in fact all these people are most likely little kids laughing like a baby who saw a clown slip on a banana peel in his little cartoon, it just makes me shake my head in disappointment, if aliens are real the whole reason we never see them is because your bad humor scares them off, if you think it's funny you should try your telling friends what you did if they don't like it you may finally realize how unfunny you really are, i keep seeing these request everywhere and i'm getting sick of it, if you are trying to be funny then learn some humor, however if your goal is to annoy people then stop, no one likes hearing a annoying brat talk about how cool it would be to have a dumb character in smash. i'm sorry if i offended someone who has nothing to do with this but if you happen to be that someone who likes asking about unreasonable things please get off the internet and don't come back.
For the love of PETA chill man, its pretty funny to other people

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Not sure how people are laughing at this.

When I first looked at it I just rolled my eyes on it being in several news articles.

Maybe I just don't have the right sense of humor.

Come to think of it, I'm having a hard time thinking of what character I could see in a Smash splash screen that would make me burst out laughing. I think Smash 4 DLC speculation made me jaded.

I think seeing Chunky Kong with a splash screen would at least get me to chuckle.

Let's go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom